Dimensional Mercenary - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
What would the authorities of this world say when they see this person getting gold out of nowhere?

Dex-chan lover
@SSS26032002 depends on the store if it's fancy they might ask some questions but if it's a general pawn shop they might not ask question though the gain is a bit lower

Double-page supporter
@aslinn if the gold coin follows the EU regulation it shoud be around 31,1grams of gold, right now thats worth $1854.30. Yes its not worth going to war for that amount of money

@flewpher

"its not worth going to war for that amount of money"

If you compare to actual soldiers instead of conscripts or the like in our world. Soldiers in the US military Generalized E-1 rank gets a payment of $1,514 per month. He got two gold coins, so $3,708.60. It's worth alot compared to an E-1 without Tax. Granted. it isn't worth it, but if you compare to the US military, it is, even if he goes by commission 'per battle'. at least the US military doesn't have good benefits either. Soldiers get shafted with VA, Medical, and the like. but I won't talk about it here.

The world and reality places value upon human life. some are worth more, some less. It's a fact of the real economy. and when it comes to IRL and this..... it's not surprising.

he declined a promotion for no reason other than he may have been backstabbed by one person out of jealousy and then he dares to claim that he is willing to earn money even at the cost of his soul. I hate the mc already and am close to dropping

@omniRex It may not be as simple as that. By accepting that promotion, he might actually be making enemies of all those other mercenaries as well, being that they follow the sergeant. Also, if the sergeant decides to harm him as a result, I don’t think the squire would care enough to protect him or avenge him

P.S. anyone notice that sick looking PC in the background? Man, that brings back memories of my first PC...

@omniRex I don't think willingness to sell one's soul corresponds to willingness to lose one's life for some extra money. Think about it, people who sell their souls for say, more power, didn't do it because they want to die. Also, throughout the story, which I've read since making that first response, the MC doesn't strike me as one who would that kind of rash decision i.e. getting himself killed for a little bit more money. He knows that his life is more important, since some money is better than no money at all. Just my two cents

Users who are viewing this thread