DINER - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Innocent Prayer & Silver Bullet (1)

Dex-chan lover
Bonbello best boy
I feel like that story Pollon was talking about is most likely about Bon

Dex-chan lover
@faniki
Guy knows how to cook so yeah it's most likely him, not to mention the low quality bait by the author with Pollon saying that the guy in the story was nicknamed "Reaper".

Double-page supporter
@Seraphy
In Medias Res - Latin for starting a story in the middle of things. Backstory/world building/etc comes in flashbacks or in between. Far from uncommon in manga.

Let me tell you a story- The game

1 shot if the person telling the story is a minor character (AKA shows up, leaves 3 chapters or so later)
1 shot if the story is made up
2 shots if its an actual fairy tale that is reworded so its relevant
1 shot if the story is about a main cast member
1 shot if super secret name is used in place of actual name
1 shot for every time you see it in manga
1 shot for super secret organization
1 shot for super secret cult

Does every Japanese man have some dumb story to tell? "Let me tell you a story, there was a young boy called "The Prince" who was very popular at our school. One day, he broke his legs." I Bet you that something like this was actually used, its so mundane and frustrating. It detracts from the actual narrative because the characters presented become characters instead of people. Unless its a cultural quirk, which shows the limitations of the author if they are unable to surpass their own culture, then its plain bad. I am already hearing a story, I don't want a compilation of 20 stories that are "connected". Either make an anthology or a book. It is possible to make multiple books, multiple manga and oneshots.

Notes:
This girl is gonna stay the exact same through the story because the author doesn't want to actually develop her character. I don't care if she picks up MMA, she is gonna be the dainty waitress that acts as the viewpoint of the diner. Her being a hostage isn't really involving her if it means she is scared shitless out of being 1mm from death daily and then fine the next day. The only reason that she would ever have the gall to stand up to these criminals is because she is 1)dumb and 2)plot device to show off how coolio mr. bonolio is. Especially so because this is basically a bunch of different, wacky killers coming to eat some goddamn pasta fagioli.
"You know I am a killer, right?" na she just got there mate and was only told every time a customer came in and when she was bought, she had no clue.

? have nice day

Users who are viewing this thread