Disappearing Chapters? :not a bug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got on after a minor absence and went to a few of my watch-listed items to find that some of them are missing a sizeable chunk of previously available chapters In my readable language (English). Did something happen recently that would have caused them to disappear, did a group pull all of the chapters (if possible), or is there something wrong with my browser client. I know that I was able to read an English translation from chapter 1 all the way to the latest chapter but now a lot of old ones are missing.

(UI, chapter language: English)
Manga: Solo Leveling
Visible chapters: 57-73

Dex-chan lover
It was some bizarre drama with the TL. I saw an explanation but didn't really understand what was going on. Anyways they took it down, it's not a bug.

Dex-chan lover
@Xerain_Hunter something did happen, Meraki the group handling the previous chapters of Solo Leveling decided to pull out of MD as of now it seems.
You can check their group page here.

Thanks for the answer, I would have never known since I had forgotten the group that had done all those chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@PTRB I'm not too sure but, try looking at the "Returner's Magic" comment section, might shed a light on the cause.

Fed-Kun's army
A group sniped manga from hatigarm and threw shade in their credits page at hatigarm so they removed all their chapters of that manga from the site and meraki scans was defending hatigarm but told by zeph that they cannot have this discussion outside of dms or apparently credit pages --although if hatigarm is anything like Meraki Scans and Returner Scans I would put money on them removing the rest of their chapters as well because now people know how easy it is to get under their skin and they will be trolled. Not surprised things went down this way, after seeing how zeph handled rapeman this is just par for the course really.

Yaddy yadda lies & hypocrisy yaddy yadda zeph involved
The straw which broke camels back was being warned not to discuss extra page filled with lies and hidden agenda on the chapter or series discussion. Meaning, they're allowing propaganda against the groups, but not comments addressing the lies. Those should be taken to group pages or DMs where nobody can see them, or you should respond in kind through same extra pages.
-Meraki Scans

Funny that zeph would tell them to use the credit pages when zeph wasn't too happy about rapeman scans & Himenospia resulting in the creation of rule 3.2.7.

not that i'm trying to stifle conversation or step on toes, but something tells me that revitalizing this discussion in the bugs forum when it's already caused drama and mod action might not be the best idea?

Dex-chan lover
Oh that's true...
Wait.. Hatigarm pull out as well??

Edit:
Nope, thank goodness!
Curses! 😢

Well since it seems like this will be a common occurance from now on, maybe the staff should keep removed chapters listed on the manga page but add something to show that it was removed.
Optionally, they could also separately display removed chapters in the missing tab but this is probably a waste of dev time that could be used on better things.

Fed-Kun's army
@ItsQuote And attempting to stifle discussion on this subject by the mods by telling them to move it to the DMs caused Meraki Scans to flip out & remove their chapters from the site so pick your poison.

I personally don't agree with Retard_, Hatigarm & Meraki removing their scans from the site but they are within their right to do what they want with their uploads. Although I take absolutely no issue with Hatigarm in regards to the removal of Tales of Demons and Gods as I believe that is a legitimate reason.

@ItsQuote I disagree about the forum not being the right place to discuss this but I agree that this thread and by extension the bug forum specifically is not the right place to discuss it.

if you want to discuss it civilly elsewhere, do it. all i'm saying is: this thread and forum is not the proper place to discuss site policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread