DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN - But I can access the site using a VPN - Was I Blocked? :( :not a bug: or rather, not our fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I have been browsing MangaDex for over 2 years now and I gotta say I love this site. I finally got a stable job and was planning to do something but now, I keep getting the "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" error when I try to access mangadex.org
I can bypass this however with a VPN. Does this mean my IP was blocked and I can't access it anymore normally?

I'm afraid I'm guilt of opening multiple tabs when reading manga so this might be a reason why this is happening (gotta keep up to date with all the manga/mahwa I'm following)

Really appreciate any help I can get!

EDIT:
Thanks Mangadex for the tweet! Solved it by changing the DNS to Google. :)

Some people in SEA are having DNS requests for MD blackholed, so change your DNS servers to Google/Cloudflare and see if that makes a difference. If you see DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN, it's this.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@nyxnyx Blocked, yes, by your ISP. Not us. See above comment, he's right.

THANKS SO MUCH!!! I saw the mangadex tweet and did a quick search on "how to change DNS to google" and now I can access it perfectly!!!!! Just in time to read "The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass" new chapter :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread