Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo

Well, I guess we now know what manga this guy will make after he finishes this project. Loved the ice breaker of a chapter, it was.

Dex-chan lover
While this is fun and remarkable. I can't help feel it kinda a little rush.

This manga present itself as a very over-the-top romcom, but really is quite down-to-earth and somewhat realistic

Mxc

As much as I love this series, I'm now worried it might go the Horimiya route. These last two chapters had hardly any screentime of the main couple. I think most here that do read this come here for them but what do you all think if we get more focus on the other characters? I wouldn't mind if we expand on the little sis since she helped Shinichi and Mako but after that will we just end up getting alot of stories about the other characters or what?

@Mxc , I see you're a veteran like me, I too think it's very close a dangerous peek but I think it needs to prove its self, that is this the story of one wakamiya or two, but all we can do is wait and watch

Mxc

@PositivelyPotatoe Then I see you understand me. By the looks of chapter 23 though, we in for alot less Shinichi and Mako. I don't get why the good RomComs can't keep the main couples as the highlight and just put side character romances in the the side chapters. This might turn into Horimiya and Nande Sensei all over again.

Aggregator gang
@Mxc: That's what happens when you rush to the "happily ever after" in a story. What else is there to tell? The whole point of a rom-com is to show the journey in how they get together, not after. There's no story to tell once you reach the end. Never has been, never will be (doing so changes the genre entirely). This is what happens when impatient people (not speaking to you, just being general here) want a quick love story: you get a QUICK love story. Can't really complain when you get exactly what you want, you know?

@Mxc
I dont see it going that way, they probably will add a few characters here and there, along with their interactions but the main focus of this manga is the main couple and them breaking the romcom cliches as well as being extremely straightforward.

@Mxc , sometimes I feel that maybe it's not the authors fault to direct the plot like that; maybe it's just he couldn't overcome the ideas and pressure coming from its peers and editors

Users who are viewing this thread