Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo

Dex-chan lover
wdp9QXq.jpg

@TwilightFaze it's about romance and comedy, isn't it? Then it's a romcom, you imbecile. You're the type of guy to sit around for 200 chapters for a single kiss. Romcoms aren't about just how they get together, it's just that every trash romcom in Japan decides to drag out the romance, always adding some annoying character to disrupt the main couple the moment their about to kiss or hold hands or whatever. This manga literally has "straightforward" in the title, it isn't here to mosey around, titillating the readers for the kiss or for them to start dating. And there are plenty of romcoms that have story after the main couple gets together, sometimes with how they struggle to actually advance their relationship. Just because they're actually dating doesn't change the genre entirely.

Aggregator gang
@ThirtyDigit:
1st, I never insulted you, so don't insult me please. You can disagree with every letter of what I write, but there's no need to be a jerk about it.
and
2nd, I never implied that there's a right way and a wrong way to do a romcom. Frankly, I enjoy this manga very much! I'm just saying romcom settings typically focus on the journey, not the aftermath. Maybe they do it quickly, maybe they do it slow. But that's how they operate regardless. There's always the exception to the rule like what happens after they get together, but typically people like the comedy aspect (aka the journey) alongside the romance. Otherwise it would just be a "rom" you know?
Finally,
3rd, there's nothing wrong with a couple that gets together early in the story and moves on to a different couple. Another example of a couple that got together quickly (not as quick as this couple, but close enough) is in the manga "Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!?" (For those who never read, it's good but definitely NSFW). For them, they move on to the next couple, but we still get glimpses of the previous or first coupling. I imagine that's what will happen here, now that a second couple is being worked on, just less "glimpse" if the previous chapters are any indication.

tldr; no need to be rude, I never said it was the wrong way to tell a story, just expect that if they're not gonna waste time getting together, they're literally NOT gonna waste time. (Frankly, I'm amazed he hasn't proposed yet at the pace he's going lol). Stories like this tend to move on because of that. Exhibit A is "Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!?" (Which again I recommend, just at home)

Dex-chan lover
this is AMAZING xD it takes some getting into but HOLY SHIT! xD

@bastek66 smut just means that theres constant sexual interaction, its not a genre its just like ecchi but the next level

Is it only me or is Honda's mother almost like older Revy from Black Lagoon?

Group Leader
@Automatteck
I'm sticking to the serialization, which took the month off for June. I'm sticking to the serialization mainly for the sake of consistency and also because I'm afraid I might screw something up otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
yep, you can say this manga is stupid etc, BUT - it have one great advantage above the similar (or not too similar) romcoms - CHARACTER FREAKIN DEVELOPMENT! Everything moves characters forward and they are really grow!!! maybe even to fast. And this is amazing - their relationship reachs such point in 24 chapters that any other manga would take 100+ chapters and YEARS of your real time waiting. So - maybe its stupid, but with this HUGE PLUS it feels more realistic than 90% of romcoms 😈
@TrueGoddessReincarnation Yeah man THATS what im talking about, you feel me

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, I don't get the arguments claiming the manga is stupid.

It's incredibly self-aware, it has very well written characters and dialogue. It parodies and utilizes tropes (upending expectations and embracing them) for maximum comedic and dramatic affect, and it embraces it's premise of characters who are very over-the-top, led by a particularly straightforward couple. The constant, excited shouting is also very original and energetic, which is necessary for a manga based on high-energy, and balanced by the more "subdued" straight-men characters (The Little Sister even notes this when she says she has to watch out for her "dodgy" older-sister). Solid comedy, really.

As @jmann and others mentioned, it has fast paced and one might say...realistic development. (Not that slow-pacing isn't also realistic, but it certainly can be painfully done, and this is a nice...change of pace!)

Also, physical romance! Hot Damn, what a world.

Dex-chan lover
@Boomthorkell
Not that slow-pacing isn't also realistic, but it certainly can be painfully done, and this is a nice...change of pace!
Yep, agree, it can be VERY painfull - there is a lot examples of the manga that cant balance on the "story" and "character development" - and mostly its bcs author know that his series is popular and begin to stretch the story by all what it takes. Omg, ive got Vietnamesse flashbacks remembering Nisekoi - this one is the great example of word PAINFULL - i just wanna get my time, wasted reading it, back, bcs this is how you DONT WRITE STORY EVER - when there a lot of characters which do noithing half of a manga and the story is just fucking fillers mostly.
Another one, that lost its balance - Horimiya. I really love and hate this manga at the same time. Love bcs of the great first ~50 chapters and hate what its become over last years - characters just frozen in time and since proposal there is just fillers and boring side characters (omg even 100 Anniversary chapter is about fucking wearing hoody at school - WTF?!) - this is how one great manga can become just crap bcs author-kun want more money and stretch his work by all what it takes.
And lets look at the GOOD example - Namaikizakari - this one is how it at the same amount of chapters (100 as an Horimiya) you can push your characters through the 3 years (!!! - scholl and now university) and open up characters and their relationships so deep, like mostly never one does, prefering to draw some crap sport festivals fillers etc. Yep, its painfully to wait 1 chapter for month over the many years, but when the writing is good - you never tired of waiting.
So - our topic manga is great example of humor, balance, romance and realism - we knew from the first chapter that this is not some honey-pure shoujo manga, so its great to see, how it act like it supposed to be - loud and clear, not covering all with some pure kisses after a few years of publishing, but running like a grown-up train - "we are couple? lets have sex!" - this is how you write when you in no need to pretend that your manga is something else - you just write it with the same idea that you have in the beggining and your characters would feel much realistic compared to the 90% of the manga's market can offer.

Is this series in hiatus or something ? I haven't seen new chapter in comic rex for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread