Do you ever finish a movie/series then realize you've watched it before? do I have dementia lol

Dex-chan lover
Basically just finished "Weathering with you" then realized that I did watch this before, this is so fucking dumb but it's somehow good. It means I can just rewatch shit without worrying about spoilers, tbf It's not like I remembered watching it after fully finishing it but every 30 minutes I was like "I watched this before, or did I?"
It doesn't happen in manga because I haven't been reading manga for that long but I can already see it happening.

Group Leader
For me, it's more like downloading a movie or YouTube video, but forgetting to watch it afterwards.

Double-page supporter
For me, it happen only once, while rereading Pandora Hearth a few years ago. I've decided to read it thinking i've missed it during my teenage years, but after 4/5 tomes, i've remember that i have already watch the anime approximatively 15 years ago.

Dex-chan lover
For me, it's more like downloading a movie or YouTube video, but forgetting to watch it afterwards.
Happens to me with downloads sometimes, although it's more procrastination than not being aware of it. I really need to finish hibike euphonium, downloaded both seasons 3 years ago but only watched the first one.
For me, it happen only once, while rereading Pandora Hearth a few years ago. I've decided to read it thinking i've missed it during my teenage years, but after 4/5 tomes, i've remember that i have already watch the anime approximatively 15 years ago.
15 years is definitely a long time, no wonder you forgot about it.
Also, seems like a good manga. Added to my unending list.

I've done this with a few movies - happening more recently with the direct to streaming situation

Dex-chan lover
I get that a lot, like I watched the IP Man Movies last year and I swear I watched them with family years before. What's weird is Part 4 was like a new release or something. And I vaguely remember my mother being rather adamant in no one being able to ever mimic Bruce Lee, refusing to watch it with us then.
Maybe it was something else. But, I know we watched the one with What's his name... Mike Tyson in it, I remember little bits of that!
Oh and, I thought I watched Django: Unchained for the first time last year too, but halfway through I remembered watching it with family, and being disappointed it had nothing to do with the other one when I was younger. I also remembered, my dad being rather mad when the rap music kicked in during the end of the action sequence, and then... like not a minute later it stopped!
What else? What else? Hmm... I think that's it! Watched a lot of good movies last years!

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't bother me one bit. I re-watched so many Anime's multiple times. I know what comes next and I don't care. I have re-read Solo Leveling at least 5 times. (it's a long read BTW). Wanna guess how many times I will re-watch episodes of that Anime starting on Sat 1/6 ?

Dex-chan lover
forgetting if I've watched an IP or a title (movie or anime or manga)?
no,
I always remember whether at some point in my lifetime I've read or watch any IP,
albeit I may remember very little of what happened in it
also, I might not remember the exact full title of it, but I always remember the images/scenes

forgetting if I've watched an episode of an anime or read a chapter of a manga
yes,
a lot of time, especially in manga
that's why I use myanimelist just to track at which point I stopped reading/watching
I put on hold a lot of anime, and when I finally decided to finish it, often time I forgot at which point I stopped watching

mostly because, well, it is a forgettable scene, so I (re)-watch/read it, and then when it comes to some important scenes and I'll be like: "oh yeah, I've seen this part"

Dex-chan lover
Recovering from being an alcoholic for my entire twenties meant I got to watch a ton of stuff that made me go "huh have I seen this before oh right the black out years lol"

Dex-chan lover
nope. I think you have a small brain. It is actually something born with, when you have less brain cortex size. Study, although dropped, shows some activities that actually decreases brain size, or worse, smooths out the brain, meaning you cannot retain memories and eventually become ... a vegetable.

I saw people and worked with them that has such situations.

Dex-chan lover
nope. I think you have a small brain. It is actually something born with, when you have less brain cortex size. Study, although dropped, shows some activities that actually decreases brain size, or worse, smooths out the brain, meaning you cannot retain memories and eventually become ... a vegetable.

I saw people and worked with them that has such situations.
Hey that's mean :c my brain is smooth but you didn't have to put it that way.
Joking aside I have adhd and after a bit of googling, adhd is apparently associated with having a weaker prefrontal cortex or something so you might've cooked.

Dex-chan lover
Hey that's mean :c my brain is smooth but you didn't have to put it that way.
Joking aside I have adhd and after a bit of googling, adhd is apparently associated with having a weaker prefrontal cortex or something so you might've cooked.
That can be fixed though, from therapists ( my cousin had one ), at least reducing interaction with screens to 1h helps adjust back to retention. It seems brain easily retains memory if it has a sense of "touch" than with just looking. Compare it pouring water over a jug against pouring a waterfall on a teacup.

Watched Macross many years ago and thought it looked familiar. Then I remembered it, I saw it as a kid under the name "Robotech".

I saw it in the late 80´s when we rented it on VHS. Then again when between 2000-10 when I had internet and found places I could download Anime from.

And I loved it even more with the original story.

Dex-chan lover
Basically just finished "Weathering with you" then realized that I did watch this before, this is so fucking dumb but it's somehow good. It means I can just rewatch shit without worrying about spoilers, tbf It's not like I remembered watching it after fully finishing it but every 30 minutes I was like "I watched this before, or did I?"
It doesn't happen in manga because I haven't been reading manga for that long but I can already see it happening.
Sup Abdullah,

To answer your question, it happened sometimes with shittassgeneric manga slop, and gladfully since I'e realized some 5/10 slops are actually 6,5/10 slop (making it readable at best).

On an unrelated issue, Solo Leveling is slop, litteraly the korean SAO, and fans loving it should commit sudoku.

End of my comment your honor.

Users who are viewing this thread