Do You Think Someone Like You Could Defeat the Demon Lord? - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
I just found this...and I really want more.
I want to see both of them grow.
I want to see her former group say to themselves “why we were so stupid to just believe the sage?”.
I want even the goddess to say “why I was so imbecile to give a title to this idiot?”

But most of all, I want the sage to die REALLY bad. No empathy, no brain despite being a sage (if the goddess says “I chose this group for a reason” USE YOUR SUPPOSED GOOD BRAIN to think about the reason), and even shitty when it comes to the Hero.

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata What is the opposite of realigning and mending? Twisting and breaking. If used normally, I bet that saliva would realign and restore shattered bones, restore tears in tissue, etc.

That is not the opposite of what saliva does. Saliva simply contains Epithelial Growth Factors, which stimulates the division of your epidermis (the top, thinnest layer of skin). "Super-Saliva" would maybe be able to effect the other layers of skin or something like that, but it certainly wouldn't realign anything. No, this is something different. Look on page 23 of the previous chapter, and you'll get a sense for what this is. After all, even if you have the inverse of something that's spinning, it's still spinning, just in the opposite direction.

Are we ignoring the fact that this werewolf thing had Tusk Act 4 as its power?

Valentine just needed to cut his arm and that would have been the end

Double-page supporter
no idea what happened but im just very glad for a female protag in one of these mangas

Dex-chan lover
@emMeBi86
There is a WN that this manga is based on so go look that up if you want more.
The Manga changes a few things like this very fight, she doesn't fight a Chimera untill later.

Dex-chan lover
The actual content of this is different from the novel, but the tone is the same. Uncanny, really.

Dex-chan lover
@Parabola

I think I prefer this version much better. Flume won the fight using her wits and pure grit rather than in the nobel where
she basically only won because she just happened to find some cursed cheat items on the ground.

Dex-chan lover
@Vmpslushie
If you are talking about the WN (i don't know if they made a LN out of this yet so forgive me if they did)
She doesn't fight a Chimera this early on, she fought a Roc like flying bird monster.
She got the cursed item after having met the loli priestess (forgot her name it's been a while since i read this) and taking her and Milkit to some abandoned underground research facility somewhere.

Dex-chan lover
@Grishnag

Huh. Guess I remembered wrong.

At the very least Ilike how they're introducing the spiral horrors earlier in the manga. I always felt it was a bit sudden in the LN.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't think the werewolf is quite as scary as the first spiral monster she fights in the WN, but the part where she splits it open and a bunch of flailing limbs burst out from the wound was pretty strong. I did like that. The twisting effect on her arms looked nice and horrifying, too. Honestly, this is a much better adaptation than I expected the novel to get.

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata
I read the Baka-Tsuki translation as far as it went, then google translated the rest. As other people have said, there are some differences between the manga and the LN, but:
I don't recall them ever explaining why spirals specifically were important, but things that spiral are an important indicator of a certain entity.
And yes, her reversal power does work on spirals, but she has to learn how to control her power better before she's able to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread