Do You Think Someone Like You Could Defeat the Demon Lord? - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
The cursed sword makes the body rot and fall apart, her reversal made it so her body heals and comes back together. Though whatever the chimera was doing it, it didn't count as her body either dying or rotting, hence why she had to cut off her own arm to proc the requirements. When she first picked up the sword she was dying from internal injuries and malnutrition after all. I'm guessing the way how the attack worked was it causes the body to contort and twist in a spiral until it breaks and then it takes along more of the body to keep on twisting.

@Titan0fPower
Almost 100 MB for 30-something x2000 scans? You can easily make them at least twice less size just by converting to grayscale and saving without transparency.

https://mangadex.org/thread/7214/1/#post_1228151

Dex-chan lover
That was a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny bit more gore and brutal than I thought lo/ what a fiendish creature that was! but I'm glad the whole fight finished now, imagine getting her injured and then a cliffhanger... ugghh I would die (but not as brutally as that dogo).

I also forgot, does she get like exp points or lvl after killing that? I know the mangaka has an irregular schedule, that's why I don't remember how it works

Double-page supporter
Nope, no XP, she can only gain power through cursed items. Anything she does without cursed items is reversed and negated.

@Babydel
That's not correct, her ability works for everything. If an equipment give +50 of a stat, she would get -50 and vice-versa. If her sword had the description "This equipment regenerates your body", it would melt her body instead.
I can't give LN insight for this since the manga and LN are completely different in this fight, but from wikipedia's "Wound licking" page: "Wound licking is an instinctive response in humans and many other animals to lick an injury. Dogs, cats, small rodents, horses, and primates all lick wounds. Saliva contains tissue factor which promotes the blood clotting mechanism.". It may be the case that this creature has a heightened version of this behavior, and her ability causes her skin to rot instead of heal. This is only speculation though.

Dex-chan lover
that thing still alive? 💀

@Azhotype
yea, that sounds like bs... I mean, does its bite normally heals its enemies? 😂

Man. i really like this one........ We really need an Yuri manga with this kind of story.

Double-page supporter
@Azhotype

What I remember is her stats cannot go below zero, so a sword with healing abilities might not just melt her.

Edit: As for EVERYTHING, that doesn't make sense really, she wouldn't be able to eat for a start, if everything was reversed I think they would have figured it out a lot sooner what it meant. As for the saliva, well that would be going into WN/LN spoilers I guess.

@Owyn
I was replying with DonotJudgeMe's assumption that the saliva was the problem. After re-reading the chapter, Flum mentions something getting inside her arm. This "something" is the cause.
At a later point in the LN (Volume 2), Flum has to face similar creatures that try to get inside her, though the effects are slightly different that time. The part of this chapter where she cuts off her own arm mimics the part in the LN where she cuts off her own foot to remove the effects these creatures cause. Not sure if this means that part of the story will also get a heavy rework, though I doubt since the fight in this chapter was pretty irrelevant in the LN and the other part is very important.

Fed-Kun's army
A bit confused on how the battle ended. She threw her sword and the the sword returned to her?

Fed-Kun's army
@RiceNipple It's Epic level equipment. It can be stored and retrieved at will by it's owner through the use of an extra-dimensional space.

Dex-chan lover
@Owyn If what @Azhotype said was correct, then the saliva contains a super healing property, it entering her body, procs her ability, making it a super damaging substance. It normally is likely just saliva to anyone else, or even a potential restorative.

Users who are viewing this thread