Doctor Elise

๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ฒI need more. My brain only works because of this webtoon/manga.๐Ÿ˜ท

It starts good but then the writing took some massive dips in quality. It's back to being somewhat ok, but there's some massive inconsistencies when it comes to the setting.

The initial chapters were good but now every time there is a crisis you can't help but feel "what cliche is the author going to invent now to get her out of it?" This diminishes a sense of urgency and the climax of the chapters just feel bland. It was novel and fun the first few times but now it's a bit ridiculous.

Elise just seems a bit mary-sue to me because while surgeons do have knowledge on other surgical methods outside of their are of expertise, 100% success rate is a stretch. On top of that somehow she's now a military genius?

The first webtoon to actually make me mad. MC is Mary Sue, and that would be fine... if the story was properly written around it. But no, instead we get... is there a problem in the story? Don't worry! Elise knows everything about everything, she will solve it.
There is no oh what happens next because we know whatever problem shows up she will easily solve. ๐Ÿ™„
No webtoon has managed to disappoint me as much as this one.

Finally an update ๐Ÿ™Œ And a big one!! Thankyuu Bucci gang you are the best team ever!

People are complaining that the MC is a mary sue. They seem to forget that she went through two lifetimes in different worlds. In this world she was groomed to be queen and lived through the current events. In her next life she was a surgeon, who are known for being innovative, critical thinkers, determined, smart and resourceful. So how is she a mary sue, if she paid her dues and put in the time (two lifetimes)? She's not using some special system, she wasn't paired with some goldly creature or given supernatural abilities, she's using her smarts and knowledge from past lives to her benefit. Plus, even with that, she's still lacking in some areas, and perhaps a little bit too naive for being on her 3rd life. It's always with the female characters that people complain, you never heard them complain when Naruto, Luffy or Goku reached ridiculous power levels or had abilities that were the biggest plot armors in the story. Compared to other reincarnation novels, this one is more grounded. They could've easily given her magic (like the royal family) and have her be OP, but instead they had resolve issues within the scope of her knowledge and experience (actual character growth).

God, I hate love triangles.
Unless she gets both, now that would be a good twist.

Users who are viewing this thread