Doctor Elise

basically a perfect and saintly marysue MC doing her perfect , saintly and marysue-ish things while everybody kisses the ground she walks on

don't expect character development or anything remotely well-written

Super cute, enjoying the read, and binged this when I definitely shouldn't have.
BUT by far the NUMBER ONE THING that annoyed the crap out of me, and Idk if this is really a spoiler but just in case
why TF is she always wearing out her body? Like, my dude, you're a doctor, you know and mention your body's limitations, why are you constantly pushing yourself past your limits?!!??? I get you have work to do, but pushing past your limit results in a cold, a cold takes you away from your job (you can't/dont want to spend a day away from) for more time than just taking a break would solve.... so yeah. Thank you for coming to my rant.

@Ambiguity18 To be fair, a lot of doctors do the same here. I believe recent studies show that at least half of them (in the USA, at least) overwork themselves so it's not that far of a leap to make.

@laciesche Elise is currently living her third life. She already got her character development at the end of her first life and during her second life. Where she became aware of her mistakes, felt remorseful and tried to turned her life around by become a doctor and saving people. Then in her third life she somehow returned to her first life, but all her memories and experiences from the other lives are still with her. We are currently seeing the aftermath, conflicts and backstories of the characters that she knew during her first life and the ones who will get the character development would be the ML, his brother and possibly the king? (I doubt the king but the other 2 def) because there is do much dirt and blood between them, even though she was good friends with the 2nd prince and she loved the crown prince, the past Elise seemed completely obvious of what went on between them. And that’s what the 3rd life will tell. How Elise after repenting and redeeming herself will also try to hell and redeem those around her from her first life.

I used to enjoy this but I got tired of her solving everything perfectly like, this girl can solve world hunger and other world issues without breaking a sweat

@Dreamingflower sure..? except that most things about her 1st and 2nd lives are just glossed over. we are told she was terrible so she wanted to atone for being an awful queen, and that she studied reallyy hard to become a great doctor. we were simply *told*, in like a single chapter, and here lies my issue

all we are truly *shown* in 130+ chapters is a girl whose personality and medical skills are already perfect and whom everybody loves. or, if they actually dare not to fall for her immediately, they're portrayed as bad guys (protagonist-centered morality in all its glory). we don't know about her crimes during her time as queen, god forbid we were to get mixed feelings for our mary sue. putting aside her lack of any negative traits or room for development, we also never see her struggle with something she isn't skilled from the get go. many of those shoujo webtoons feel like little more than self inserts anyway, but elise is the queen of them all

if you enjoy it i'm genuinely glad for you? we all have our own pleasures and we're here for it, but the depth of everything in this story is minimal and nothing else that goes on makes it up for me, thus my low evaluation

@Esquire_9505 thank god i'm not the only one who thinks like that

u can read on batoto
https://bato.to/series/72315/doctor-elise-the-royal-lady-with-the-lamp

Why is there such a gap between chapter 4-61? I’ve seen gaps like this with other stories and am wondering why it happens.

Dex-chan lover
Apparently, the series is over.
It ended with 143 chapters and the reviews were quite good !
=> But as for me, I kind of have mixed feelings. Especially because I didn't get to read the 20 (or so) chapters left in a translated version.

The pacing is weird, this, also, has little depth which is unusual since the author ussually does some solid work.

Users who are viewing this thread