Doll-Kara

Jet

Man, author is such an idiot, inserting all this animalistic gods and spirits. This would have been a way better series, if it sticked up to real life, without all that supernatural nonsense.

I'm really afraid of the author's risk of wanting to introduce the spirits so much. I just hope he won't make a mistake, because it unfortunately takes me out of the story every time.

Dex-chan lover
Well... This was really good an promising. And then it took one sudden-as-all-fuck nose-dive.
I don't think I'll be dropping it, but... It's rather disappointing how quickly the story just imploded in on itself when it was doing so well.

Who wants to take bets that some shithead editor was behind this?

Dex-chan lover
at first I expected a more comfier read with some darker problems to solve. But the whole dark cat nonsense just feels like a huge detraction and an annoyance which is unfortunate. Otherwise it's a pretty nice read

It's official. This is the weirdest self-insert story I have ever read so far.
What the hell was Ishii smoking when he wrote HIMSELF dying and reincarnated into a high school girl???
But thankfully he's the best part of all of this bullshit

So once you get past the deus-ex-isekai, this is pretty awesome. Not too fond of how they're handling the possession stuff, but the fights, the business talk, and the rest of the plot is great.

Double-page supporter
It seems LH group dropped this manga. Need some confirmation from the group.

@BeastmangaYup, looks like the LH group dropped it. Man, and I was so engaged. Welp, guess I'll look at the raws and make assumptions from the drawings.

Dex-chan lover
Every character in this series except Kei/Director makes terrible decisions all the goddamned time and it's kind of infuriating.

@kyrex If you're referring to them making terrible decisions while boxing, then it makes sense because they are amateurs compared to the more seasoned opponents, but overall it does seem to work in bringing attention to the dojo. As for Kei (the real one), I really don't like her. The old man isn't in her body by choice and she resents him even though he's helping her save the dojo. Sure, his methods go against her father's beliefs or whatever, but would she rather have the place shut down? I can understand why she would resent her mother, but I don't agree with her being angry at the man and her friends who are trying to help her.

Dex-chan lover
@Alph0ns3 The old man (in Kei's body) is mostly making smart decisions. It's everyone around him, like the dumb little girl who let the jackass burn down her dojo and ruin her friend's ambitions because he made some vague statements. Or the friend who decided she'd rather get the casting couch treatment from a psychopath. Or the Idol who disarmed a guy and then didn't take the knife away from him, or restrain him in any way. Kei (ghost) is also pretty goddamned stupid, because it was made clear from the start that the Old man didn't steal her body, he was forced into it and his goal was to help her anyways. Not to mention that she's become a murderous psychopath in the latest chapters who is actively ruining the life of one of her friends for petty revenge after she already gave up hope and successfully killed herself at the start of the series.

@kyrex Yeah Kei is so stupid that it's annoying, she's angry at the wrong people, at least the old man is trying to help her while she gave up and committed suicide. Honestly I just want to see where the manga goes with the current conflict.

I see it ending a few ways:
1) Kei finally wakes up from her hissy fit, and after everything is resolved she gets her body back and is able to live the life she wasn't able to while the old man passes on or maybe reincarnates to get a second chance at life.
2) Kei comes back to her senses and after everything is set straight, it is her who passes on or reincarnates while the old man stays in her body.
(These last two are unlikely but interesting)
3) Everything is resolved and both Kei and the old man pass on or reincarnate.
4) Everything is resolved and both their souls merge into one within her body.

So, is it even safe to comment on the chapters that have been released but aren't translated, since the translation team dropped this series?

Users who are viewing this thread