Domestic na Kanojo - Vol. 28 Ch. 276 - Domestic Girlfriend

Dex-chan lover
"
>spends most of the manga building up X as the main girl
>MC even got X pregnant
>Y got into a car accident/coma in the last 6 chapter of the manga
>girl X suddenly cancels their wedding
>5 years later girl Y wakes up and marry MC whos is living together with girl X and his kid
>big fan backlash
"
who woulda thunk

Dex-chan lover
And this trip took 276 chapters, yeah. Well, if you forget that it was too long and forced as for cheesy ecchi melodrama, then I would call it a "catchy average". I liked the characters and how the author uses a dorama approach to writing romantic shonen, and anime's opening was memorable, yeah, but it quickly turned into a solid messed up. This is especially noticeable in our time, when more and more hyped shonen are afraid to be endless and clearly know when they need to stop.

@rymar That is why I appreciate the current trends for work that know when to stop. Good work ends sooner than we would like, but at least we don't get “happy endings” that look like premise for family drama.

lol the author getting bashed extremely hard, even to the extend of receiving letters threatening her to die, her twitter....is just pure bloodbath

Group Leader
I don't know what to say.
Change ship because accident.
it is called "married by accident"?

I don't know, this looks really forced, I can't see Natuo's love for Hina to be honest and I still see them as a forced couple
damn Kajita is so hot, he really deserves Rui

Ok, I mistook chapter 276.2 for the last chapter. This chapter feels more like the end and I am satisfied. Yes, I want to know if Rui has found a new partner but all in all the main story is completed.

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, a negative reaction if that this whole overstretched shaggy dog story ends is kinda understandable. That said death threats and threats of violence? FFS fans... There are far more worthwhile targets of hate and spite out there. Ultimately all she did was deliver a disappointing telenovela in manga form

I stopped reading it about a quarter of the way through as well when it became obvious that it was going nowhere fast. Even I didn't expect to stretch to 276 chapters. What I find annoying is that the art is generally great (same case with good ending) and the initial stuff is also but then as it goes on all you get is frustration and disappointment. You keep on going hoping that initial feeling is recaptured but while you get the occasional flash of hope, just enough to string you along, it never quite turns around.

Ending aside does anything happen in the other 200 chapters after chapter 70 or so?

Dex-chan lover
You know... when the MC already seems to have feelings for both girls, and both girls support each other... why not just have the MC be with both? Seriously, this was a pretty dragged out story to begin with... though in my head canon, he does have both... so... there...

Users who are viewing this thread