Dorei kara no Kitai to Hyouka no sei de Sakushu dekinai no daga - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Group Leader
Translator, ya fucked up! This is obviously meant to be a reference to Magikarps most intimidating move "splash". Though I think it was "hop" in japanese.
bj1sfa.png

Sadly, I no longer see the 10 hour version of the second video.
Other than this one serous oversite, you did fine.
Thanks for the feed back! I'll be editing some stuffs and fix it back Later

Thank u for picking up this series, it's my favorite too. Just tell me if u need any help for tl, I can help u with it

I'm waiting for the next ch!

Group Leader
Thanks for the feedback! Thanks to this I've learn a lot. Btw what font are you using on the last panel?
That's CCHushHush, which is what ETC (maibi) is using for Tsumiki Ogami and I'm using for Late Marrying Fox. I like it a lot, but it unfortunately has too close vertical spacing. So if you're using 18 pt font, you need to set the vertical spacing to 24 pt, which is kind of a pain.

thx for the translation. I really like this series and im glade someone is putting in this amount of effort!

ai translation is fine especially if you are trying not to overly depend on it :)

Dex-chan lover
@Shantsu I agree with the other commenters that you did a good job. Care for the work itself, and attention to detail, is what makes for the best scanlation.

You said you welcomed feedback, and there were a few lines I was curious about (note: turns out I mostly just didn't pay attention to the details of the chapter closely enough in my first read-through) so I went and compared this chapter to the raw, expecting a lot of minor oversights, but... actually, your translation is incredibly accurate, especially when SO many of the lines are so heavily contextual I had to reread them a couple of times to make sure I understood them well. Many other people who say "I'm learning Japanese" are WAY worse at interpreting context, you're really good at it... Only found a couple of slightly off lines, which I'll list below. (Don't take this personally, of course; you did a great job overall, perfection is basically unreachable for every translator, and fans of this series will be in luck if you choose to continue to work on it.)

perfect condition -> full strength/power <-- For the barrier (万全). The former TL choice sort of implies it's not damaged in any way, the latter choice should mean it's being fully and properly utilized (not constructed in a weak/impromptu way).
that's creepy -> that's spooky <-- Just my personal opinion, but I think creepy has a more ridiculing connotation than spooky (怖) so it fits his intention better.
I want to do that too -> i wanted to be the one to do that
But here you here, acting with such a cute face, huh? -> You acted cute, but you're quite capable, huh? <-- (And alter wording of previous bubble to match the intention.)
This is getting really intense, but it's a good thing, right? -> I can come on strong at a time like this, right? <-- (And alter wording of next bubble to match the intention.)
could you regularly -> could the two of you regularly <-- That detail's potentially worth including.

Group Leader
I only wish you use Anime Ace as the font instead of Manga something. I'm more used to that.

MC gave me chills when he act cool. The next Cid.

Do not feel bad about using AI in this situation, this instance is and entirely valid way of using it, people are just stupid on edge about it. Shunning and scorning a useful tool for work like this is counter productive. Art is different.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly think this is one of the better ways to use AI but the fact you went over it as well says a lot to your dedication to quality. Thank you for perhaps picking this up.

Group Leader
@Shantsu I agree with the other commenters that you did a good job. Care for the work itself, and attention to detail, is what makes for the best scanlation.

You said you welcomed feedback, and there were a few lines I was curious about (note: turns out I mostly just didn't pay attention to the details of the chapter closely enough in my first read-through) so I went and compared this chapter to the raw, expecting a lot of minor oversights, but... actually, your translation is incredibly accurate, especially when SO many of the lines are so heavily contextual I had to reread them a couple of times to make sure I understood them well. Many other people who say "I'm learning Japanese" are WAY worse at interpreting context, you're really good at it... Only found a couple of slightly off lines, which I'll list below. (Don't take this personally, of course; you did a great job overall, perfection is basically unreachable for every translator, and fans of this series will be in luck if you choose to continue to work on it.)

perfect condition -> full strength/power <-- For the barrier (万全). The former TL choice sort of implies it's not damaged in any way, the latter choice should mean it's being fully and properly utilized (not constructed in a weak/impromptu way).
that's creepy -> that's spooky <-- Just my personal opinion, but I think creepy has a more ridiculing connotation than spooky (怖) so it fits his intention better.
I want to do that too -> i wanted to be the one to do that
But here you here, acting with such a cute face, huh? -> You acted cute, but you're quite capable, huh? <-- (And alter wording of previous bubble to match the intention.)
This is getting really intense, but it's a good thing, right? -> I can come on strong at a time like this, right? <-- (And alter wording of next bubble to match the intention.)
could you regularly -> could the two of you regularly <-- That detail's potentially worth including.
Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
Good. Fall to the dark side. Use AI for the tool that it was meant to be-

Well, it's not much of a dark side to use tools as it was meant to be, huh?

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation :D If you're up for it, I'd love to see more from this series!

Dex-chan lover
wuddehel? i thought there's some mixed panel from another manga, but actually it's just a different art style from author huh? lol
the art style briefly changed at the beginning of the other chapter too but i guess 'simplified' is more common than "this looks like from a diff series"

(they could prolly do a oneshot with this cutesy style as well that's something completley wholesome)

Dex-chan lover
Yeah my mistake for thattha

Noted! ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ
Whilst I think most people here appreciate a new chapter so quickly, you do realise there is already a group who are already working this series? If you're new to scanlating, there are some rough guidelines that most groups adhere to when it comes to picking up/ working on series. Flaemes has been working this series since the beginning from what I can see.

Users who are viewing this thread