Dorei Tensei: Sono Dorei, Saikyou no Moto Ouji ni Tsuki - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Fed-Kun's army
THe people who were giving him crap about being a slave, don't they have better things to do?

this series is amazing, props to the author for executing reincarnation so well

Dex-chan lover
aw man, is he one of those tenseis that keep using their past age to pretend he's not attracted to anyone? well hec, I guess reincarnators can never get married to anyone then.

I feel like if you gave an old man the chance to be a horny teenager again (literally) he would take it without question. This "She's hot but I'm an old man" trope is annoying. At least the author lays it right on the table beforehand basically telling the readers there will be no romance.

47 year old lady killer meets ice princess. 😁

Oh, right. The 300 trees a day thing. I hope they're not doing it every single day, right? That's almost 2 million trees in 17 years per logger. 😆

Dex-chan lover
@UncleRad Well, he said you COULD chop down 300 trees a day at that pace. Not that they would actually do so every day. It does seem like quite an unreasonable number to chop down daily pretty much at all, let alone for years in one spot. Perhaps it took him that whole time to clear that one area he was in charge of clearing. I suppose a novel reader might be able to shed more light on this, as there were probably just way too many things to say about any one detail in that version sometimes when changing to this format. Whole pages of just text when it's already been adapted to a more visual medium is kind not really playing to the strengths.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
300 trees per day. Even if it's just one person doing this, that's just short of 101.000 trees per year. The fastest growing timber tree IRL is Paulownia fortunei, reaching maturity in 10 years. This extreme deforestation would leave barren wastelands and the only wildlife left to be hunted would be rabbits and preying birds. Even if it was only 300 once per week it's ~15.600, and once per month it's ~3910. Any of these would be disastrous, making the area prone to natural disaster such as landslides and flooding. Not to mention wildlife migration causing problems in other areas. They're not magic users, so unless they have timber trees that grow extremely quickly they either need some sort of forestry magicians or import nearly all their food because at that rate of expansion they would hit other national borders very quickly, and being under a slave contract they cannot fight for further expansion without geopolitical repercussions on a grand scale. From this we can infer that the most likely explanation is that whoever is backing this village has plant magicians, especially considering page 5 where you can see the village walls from the deforested area. Regardless, calculating this considering that we might have magical trees that mature in t(x) without considering soil composition is pretty fun math problem when we're dealing with a circular village, circular area of deforestation and accounting for the estimated distance between the trees as shown in page 5. Either magical trees or plant magicians.

Users who are viewing this thread