Dorobou-chan - Vol. 4 Ch. 37 - Dorobou-chan and Mama Dorobou

Dex-chan lover
I didn't really expect to go this hard when this volume dropped, but man I love this series. It's probably my favorite thing I've worked on so far. I just can't stop myself from cleaning the next chapter time after time. I hope you guys are enjoying reading it. 3.5 chapters left.
Thank you. Thank you for everything. This manga has been a lot of fun

Dex-chan lover
His heart, Nemukata. You want to steal his HEART. The wordplay was right there in the author's face lol
(I imagine that metaphor doesn't really apply in japanese)

Dex-chan lover
At this point I'd bet that the author is the dad/husband and that she also probably stole his se-

Dex-chan lover
Oh nooo, the finale is near, will she be able to steal his already stolen heart?

Double-page supporter
Like everyone said, apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
He literally said he went to the pool with N-San right before he said he liked N-San, she managed to figure out that he means her but is confused about if he knows about Nemukata and Miss Thief being the same person?!?? I like this story but the last chapter should have gone differently if they want to go with this specific storyline, she literally reacts to the "went to the pool with N-San" part, it doesn't make sense. Sure the identity crisis thing about if he only likes her school persona or also her thief persona is totally valid but not the part about him not knowing they are the same person...

Dex-chan lover
I didn't take the Mom's story to mean the books are based on real life/autobiographical events. I thought it was more like "she's such an airhead that she confused a memory of the plot of the book with a memory of something that actually happened."

As much as I like this series, I kind of wish we got to know the non-thief version of Nemukata a bit more. Because he started out entranced by her and she worries about the fact that her school 'self' is different than she is as 'Miss Thief' but we've seen so little of how she is at school that it's hard to really differentiate the two. Just a couple of chapters of how she acts at school especially around Yonaga would've been nice.

Still sad it's ending though. Once again we're undone by an author that thinks the chase for the relationship is the only interesting part of the story and we're going to wrap up with the confession in the closing panels of the final chapter.
For me it's not only did we not get enough "normal" Nemukata but we also didn't get any scenes where she realises Yonaga isn't some badman he just has evil looking eyes. Like I'd have loved for her to see him for who he is and not judge based off his looks but we never really get that nor will we by the looks of it.

So long to get out of that pool arc on a final volume, this was defo axed/rushed with how fast the progression suddenly has happened yet at the same time spinning it's wheels to drag it out to the last part of the volume. like that pool arc could have been 1 chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

This manga is really fun.

I wonder if that series is based on the mom and written by the dad. I mean, do we know anything about him? He might be the same as MC, figuring out the "hidden" side and turning the stories of his wife into a series... and a way to make money, so she can focus on the household.
So the Phantom Thief Sleepy books were biographical?
The author would be the mom, under the pen name "Morisu Asahi", not the dad but yeah.
this is a very interesting thoery
Am I the only one who remebers that Yonaga once met with the author and even got her autograph?

You'd think he would've recognized her.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who remebers that Yonaga once met with the author and even got her autograph?

You'd think he would've recognized her.
Considering I brought up the author's name, and acknowledged the possibility of a pen name, of course you're not.
He met a woman with glasses so thick you couldn't see her eyes when getting the autograph.
He met a woman with her face covered when meeting the mother, and in the middle of some rather mind blowing stuff.

Dex-chan lover
oh shit i forgot about tthat
Me too. Tbf, I have read that chapter when it came out. So 6 months ago. I read a lot and maybe, just maybe it is okay not to remember every tiny detail of every single manga or book half a year later. Or that's what I would say, but clearly, @VladDracul2 , the most superior of all, does not think so. Excuse us, mere mortals.

Dex-chan lover
Me too. Tbf, I have read that chapter when it came out. So 6 months ago. I read a lot and maybe, just maybe it is okay not to remember every tiny detail of every single manga or book half a year later. Or that's what I would say, but clearly, @VladDracul2 , the most superior of all, does not think so. Excuse us, mere mortals.
Worry not my dear plebeian, thou are pardoned.

Users who are viewing this thread