Dosanko Gal wa Namaramenkoi

Dex-chan lover
A great tourism propaganda for Hokkaido Rom-com series about Gyaru that doesn't feel so much about gyaru after a while. The first few arc during the harem building was really great. After they starts eliminating the harem candidate it starts to lose traction a bit - a bit mid (great art all throughout this part though, especially those color spread). After it started homing in for the main girl, it ramped up the gear a bit to quite a good pace. Felt dragging sometime, but the great (and very fresh as far as I've personally seen) ending that just dropped today is more than enough to make up for it. Can't really say it's a masterpiece, but it's up there with great start and even greater finish, just lagging a bit more to be desired along the way.

Dex-chan lover
I dropped this like half way through, but now that it ended, I spedran through it. Personally, I think is kinda mediocre. While I love romcoms and can put with annoying tropes like fake confessions, misunderstandings, indecisive main characters, Etc, this one had just the right amount of tropes, art and pacing that resulted in it being serviceable, but forgettable.

The best proof of this is that this could've ended around chapter 60, then 80, then 100, then 115, but then it kept going, and going without adding much substance. One of the funniest things was gamer girl deciding to make a video game, then she does it, then we can move on away from her, everything in one episode: rush development for the purpose of an "ending" for a character that was supposed to be a main one.

If anything, in a total personal opinion, I feel the whole manga lost the personality it began with, just how the rival who was supposed to be opposite of a gyaru, decides to become one, there was nothing wrong with the original one, but the ultimate version is apparently "more attractive" so it had to be changed. I won't even blame the author because, like many other mangas, it was probably pushed to change by an editor.

Users who are viewing this thread