Doughnuts Under a Crescent Moon

@DerpySausage Doughnuts under a crescent moon is the official English name. That aside, I think the official name flows better, but that’s just a subjective opinion

Binged the first volume down and this is a solid 10/10!
I've grown tired of the so-called "light yuri" genre (nothing wrong if you're into that tho), and for the longest time I've thought Yagate is the archetype of realistic yuri. Well, how happy I am to find out I'm wrong! (Now I love both of them)

This one with very little of the drama and a serene beauty, feels almost minimalistic. Just the 2 women getting to know each other and understand themselves (there's also Subaru, the wingwoman), and slowly, steadily progressing emotion, and somehow these make a complete picture. It's like sometimes a mangaka sketches a scene with fewest strokes, yet leaves us all in awe of the beauty coming off the picture.
Now there are a lot of great mangakas out there, but I think Shio is quite someone in having that power.

EDIT: ok now I'm up to speed and there are more people on the stage, I also like the first volume slightly more, but it's still a 10/10 work for me.

This is really good so far, I really hope for things to progress more. Thank you for the updates! Can't wait to read the next one.

Who is with me for Subaru and Fuuka gerting together? Chapter 12 definetely makes it clear that Subaru has feelings for her. That would solve a lot of problems...

Double-page supporter
I've been missing out on some good yuri. Damn, I am all for this.

@ Kurisutina hahaha cool that you are pointing out her other work. Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend is really amazing too. I actually came from there to Doughnuts because Trying Out Marriage made me to take notice of this great mangaka. =)

Dex-chan lover
I'm really digging the Asexual angle here, not sure if that's there to be a purity thing, or if the author really did intend them to be in a non-physical romantic relationship, either way that was really interesting.

And they're not even gonna kiss each other at the end. Shame, would've give it 11/10. Right now it's just a 10.5/10

And they're not even gonna kiss each other at the end. Shame, would've give it 11/10. Right now it's just a 10.5/10
If you actually read the manga properly you would know that
neither of them really want to do things like kissing anyway, and that's totally fine.

If you actually read the manga properly you would know that
neither of them really want to do things like kissing anyway, and that's totally fine.
I know, the fact that i know that they're not kissing each other might suggest that i actually read the dang story. And no, I'm not saying that it's not fine that they're not doing it. In fact i enjoyed every single chapter of this story that's why i gave it a full score, i love that this manga explore the concept of relationship in the purest way possible. The reason i make that comments is just a joke because just like dentist, 9 out of 10 yuri manga ends in a kiss.

Dex-chan lover
Haaah, finally got around to finishing this. Vey Cute.

Was kinda hoping we'd get to see more of them as a couple, but I'm pleased with how it ended none the less.

ahhh such a sweet manga!! it felt realistic and i got attached to Hinako and i found myself really relating to her!

side note/seemingly unpopular opinion: I feel like the Subaru/Fuuka implication was rather... random? i can't think of the right word for it, so forgive me, but I hope Fuuka finds someone else/gets over Asahi rather than getting with her sister... just my opinion, i enjoyed the story regardless :]

Users who are viewing this thread