Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. - Vol. 5 Ch. 17.3 - Cat's Day

Hello to all readers!

Thank you all for accompanying us on this heartwarming ride! I'm just pasting these links in the comments as well so that it's easier to access instead of having to type in the address bar:
Official EN: https://www.lezhin.com/en/comic/myroommateisacat
Official JP: https://comic-polaris.jp/doukyo/

Thank you once again, and if you enjoyed the series, please consider continuing to support it by reading through the official sources!
- lost-translations TL pyffiesti

Double-page supporter
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

But also YES

Dex-chan lover
I'm conflicted. Ah well. I'll hafta dedicate time to reading it legit! ^_^
I say this, but Lhezin's website doesnt get along with my browser for some reason. Troubling.

Group Leader
ugh I've heard bad things about Lezhin though. I'm all for paying the artist, but doesn't Lezhin really gouge the prices?

Dex-chan lover
What are daily coins? Something like bitcoins? Too bad I don't want to touch crypto.

This was a great series. I'm happy for the author for getting recognition, nonetheless.

Contributor
I have some really mixed feelings about Lezhin. On one hand, Lezhin is notoriously shit towards their creators, and who knows if the mangaka is even getting paid for this. On the other, they do have good quality stuff that comes with having to spend money. My favorite webcomic (Immortal Days) is on it. The possibility of the creators getting some money is better than definitely none at all I guess. But I reeeaaaally wish that Bookwalker or an actual English publisher that is relatively trustworthy was making official releases.

Strange for a Korean host to pick a Japanese series.

I really dislike websites that make it near impossible for me to see the rates. I'm in Canada, goddamn conversation rates are important.

Sad that this will never see an actual print run, hope at least bookwalker english picks it up.

surprised lezhin picked this up
thanks for your efforts in scanlating this!

(@ anyone complaining, its not like you own the group that scanlates this so i dont think u have the right to complain)

Wow, I really don't like what Lezhin did to this comic. It's colored and spaced out like a manhwa. Colors I might forgive (even though it looks pretty rough) but the manhwa spacing is ruining it for me.

Also note for anyone who might start on Lenzhin: the episodes are ~1/3 of a chapter each. Episode 17 at Lezhin is the end of CHAPTER 6 [Subaru edition](!!!!!!), so don't waste your coins on episode 17 thinking it's around where this scanlation was left off. What a disappointment, I wish the series will get a paper release (or sold to a better published).

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, I just wasted time creating a throwaway email and $3 buying coins to read it on that LeShit website. They totally butchered the manga, colouring it like Korean webcrap. Worse still, I couldn't find the chapter I was looking for. Chapters 17 and 18 on the site have nothing to do with what ended this chapter. It's way early in the manga. What a fucking waste. At least the site makes it easy to deactivate the account. My fault for not reading @Einya's comment below, I suppose. Someone please pick this up.

Dex-chan lover
Oh... Wow they really coloured it terribly on lezhin. They lost all the beautiful features of the line art by rather lazily just screening colours over top. I don't know if that was their team or one of the og author's people but it felt like a completely different but not better or equal reading experience. :c

I guess I'll be buying it in tankoban form if it ever gets properly released here in english but until then, thanks for your work up to now.

Edit: it is on kindle/amazon for £5 per vol for anyone who wants an alt source for the manga. Vol 5nisnt out yet it seems but it's got 4 vols which is significantly more than lezhin rn.

Users who are viewing this thread