Dragon Quest: The Great Adventure of Dai - Avan the Brave and the Demon King of Hellfire - Vol. 5 Ch. 20 - The Inherited Spirit

Group Leader
DQ Dai No Daibouken, huh.... Toriyama, was that you?
Toriyama was responsible for the monster designs and character designs in the original DQ games. In that way, his influence can be seen in all of the monsters that exist in the dragon quest series, this one included. However, Toriyama did not contribute towards the story or character designs of the Dai no Daibouken series.

That being said, this series would likely not have existed if not for his influence and contributions to the franchise as a whole. RIP Toriyama.

Double-page supporter
images

Dex-chan lover
Bro... not like this..

black-guy-stressing-and-headache.jpg

On a more positive news at least it looks like Roka and Leira will get married next volume..

Group Leader
Bro... not like this..

black-guy-stressing-and-headache.jpg

On a more positive news at least it looks like Roka and Leira will get married next volume..
Yep! Good old shotgun wedding is, iirc, the last chapter of the next volume.

I'm actually really excited about the next few chapters. It retells a part of the story from the Original series... and the faithfulness of the adaptation down to the very details in the backgrounds of the panels (which are identical with near identical dialogue) is just amazing to me. This series is a work of love by the artist and author. Look forward to it!

Dex-chan lover
Yep! Good old shotgun wedding is, iirc, the last chapter of the next volume.

I'm actually really excited about the next few chapters. It retells a part of the story from the Original series... and the faithfulness of the adaptation down to the very details in the backgrounds of the panels (which are identical with near identical dialogue) is just amazing to me. This series is a work of love by the artist and author. Look forward to it!
Nice. Can't wait.

Yeah I can tell this series has lot of love for the original series in it. The minor details and it has the same shounen spirit as the original.

Group Leader
This chapter made me tear up a little...
12.gif
The author gave Matoriv a wonderful backstory that tells us more about his life. It's much better than him being a gross perverted old man in the sequel. A shame that these people would never show up to help the heroes (because they weren't written yet).

Dex-chan lover
Toriyama was responsible for the monster designs and character designs in the original DQ games. In that way, his influence can be seen in all of the monsters that exist in the dragon quest series, this one included. However, Toriyama did not contribute towards the story or character designs of the Dai no Daibouken series.

That being said, this series would likely not have existed if not for his influence and contributions to the franchise as a whole. RIP Toriyama.
Though, IIRC, Dai No Daibouken was also Toriyama's entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread