Dungeon Kurashi no Moto Yuusha - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Al is secretly watching the battle…!

@Fari
Well I know the slightest bit about japanese and english (it's not even my mother tongue) and it doesn't bother me at all tho. Also I don't expect perfect grammar from fan-translated stuff.
From my pov, you guys are just allergic to japanese despite being fan of manga.

Anyway, in this chapter the use of "she" (spoiling the gender) was a bad idea imo.

Dex-chan lover
@Oneesamaa How exactly am I allergic to japanese?
I don't mind fan translated stuff having issues, either, they're doing free work generously, but arm chair comments suggesting making a translation worse is a different matter, we're not discussing what the manga fan translation did, we're discussing how the comments want to make it worse.

As for the notion we're allergic to japanese, how exactly? The fan translations are in english, not in japanese, japanese grammar in the japanese material is exactly how it should be, trying to ham fist a machine accurate translation into the english translation is just inane on the other hand. Is your angle of that accusation something different? Please elaborate.

Personally I'm also in the process of learning japanese, not an expert, but enough to know some things, and though I have some grievances with both english and japanese (more with english, which is my native tongue and I'd argue I'm pretty proficient with), I'm not interested in trying to rally for changing either, nor trying to amalgamate the two, not forcibly anyways, languages change a bit over time regardless and that's natural, but certainly not into using 'that person' in english.

In a fan translation, we're not really been exposed to the actual japanese, regardless, so again, I really want some insight to that perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread