Dungeon Kurashi no Moto Yuusha - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - What’s the real identity of the mysterious female knight…?

Supporter
I am now... totally disinterested with this. If you're going to have a gritty manga with sexual violence, fine. I won't be reading it. So I don't want to see it as a half assed backstory plot driver.

Dropped, won't ever be picking it up again.

raw for chap 21 is out btw

blum and al speak as bros, blum accepts al's mission and the 4 adventurers that got raped? (3 out of 4 i think got raped) are now in cahoots with the dungeon and will help blum out... though 2 of the 4 adventurers are confused by it all?

Double-page supporter
This is fucking stupid, her backstory is fucking stupid lol. Real half-assed shit right there. So she decides to marry him after he rapes her, and she hated the fuck out of him, but still decides to marry him after being impregnated. Real quality story building, dropped this hot trash. Was never really great to begin with, but it had potential. Unfortunately, this is very tell tale of a not so great future for this manga.

@dudewithmagic and you're absolutely right. A lot of authors utilize rape as a tool to cover up their lack of skill for proper story building, because it's the easiest way to illicit a response from the reader. Can't help it though, with the thousands and thousands of manga out there, a majority of the authors are going to be subpar, mediocre, or downright trash, so you'll see a lot of this shit. ESPECIALLY in trashy fantasy mangas, because the fantasy genre for manga is like the basic bitch genre for any generic sap who dreams of being a mangaka with the lack of actual writing and story building skills.

@dudewithmagic 100% with you. idk this is just gradually getting to be more and more garbagy. and i mean...you can do a story about a hentai dungeon and play it for laughs - its fucked up, but its absurd enough that it works. but if then you talk about a woman getting drugged, imprisoned, raped, and coerced into marrying her captor, its totally at odds with the rest of the story. if you want me to take that shit seriously, good job now i hate like every character and have no interest in reading about any of them

jak

Contributor
Of course they justify his threesome with the princess and queen by making the king into a monster.

Fed-Kun's army
Whenever rape is involved in a work of fiction, SJWs seem to go wild in the comments. "Hurr durr I feel offended by rape it shouldn't be allowed in fiction!" Calm the fuck down. Thanks to the group for the translations by the way!

Definitely didn't like the backstory here.

She has no reason to marry the fuck let alone have his kid. Rape is often used in storytelling but it was used very poorly here. I ain't dropping this series but man, series took a nosedive here. Why didn't she just kill the emperor? Why even bother having his kid? Where's the justification? A lot of dumber girls have dealt with these situations much better than Beatrice here. Sure some had a bad end but at least they tried to defend their self respect.

What's her excuse? The author exposing he/she can't write female characters well?

A few chapters ago she gave the impression that she was strong, eccentric woman but now she comes off as a complete doormat as if the previous chapters were fanfiction. Is the author retarded?

Dex-chan lover
@goodhunter @Korut She married the emperor for the sake of her daughter. It doesn't matter that she was conceived from rape. The daughter is still the emperor's daughter, thus a royal princess. You really think that a shitty emperor will just leave mother and daughter alone to live simple lives by themselves? Both mother and daughter will be hunted to the ends of their world, just like they are about to be when the emperor finds out they've escaped to the dungeon. The mother entered into a loveless marriage to make her daughter happy and to actually be able to see and raise her daughter instead of either being on the run or being locked up in a dungeon.

Double-page supporter
Damn al had a threesome with a daughter and her mother now that is some hentai plot i likey!!

Dex-chan lover
Is Al the real protag here? He bagged BOTH the empress and and princess at the same time while Blum on the other hand, has a D class knight girl from the family who f'd his life and the assistant demon maid...

Dex-chan lover
@Korut I mean, as someone already said, it was for the sake of her daughter.
I mean, I don't know, maybe killing him sneakily could've worked, but if she was caught in the fact her and her daughter would die, if they tried to escape they'd have a life of fleeing at best or death at worst.

I feel like you expect way too much out of someone, just oh yeah, oppose an emperor with your 1 month old new child. If she didn't care about the child she'd probably manage just fine and would have, but she did decide to care about the child, and that's not unrealistic. Some rape victims absolutely want to get rid of the kids, but some women do indeed become attached to the kid even if they obviously loath the hell out of the rapist, she was the latter, and thus she worked with her lot.

Maybe there was some way for her to manage better, but I definitely don't think it's as easy to get out of that as you act like. The suggestion that she just 'decide to not care about the kid' is a bit ridiculous. That's not how that works.

Dex-chan lover
@Fari
nice breakdown
not many people understand a mother's feeling judging from this comment section lol

Dex-chan lover
For some reason I find what the emperor did to Beatrice much worse than what is currently happening to those four guards.

Group Leader
> series took a nosedive here

yeah, of course. here, of all places. yup.

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can’t wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
@Amenohi

For some reason I find what the emperor did to Beatrice much worse than what is currently happening to those four guards.

The guards are being let off easy (compared to being killed, maimed or imprisoned, which could well have been options when doing an armed assault on an enemy compound)

Bea was being treated harshly (compared to accepting her free will, or at least spending some time and effort on a proper wooing instead of a Mickey Finn style courtship)

tl/dr - Payment in kind as opposed to Daterape.

Users who are viewing this thread