Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 10 Ch. 63 - Confit

Double-page supporter
@siiddheshwgh @LonelyKitty Ah, gotcha. It's what first came to mind but I thought it was more complex than that, like maybe it symbolized Derghal's coronation cerimony from chapter 12 or smth, dunno.

@alacaelum
>that it eats the dream energy of people to evolve Laius being who he is, practically is a banquet for this thing

If the translations last chapter were correct, demons like complex dreams to consume. This would imply that Laius' dreams would taste like watery gruel, while a sorcerer like Thistle's would taste like a four course feast.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry I'm kinda dumb, On a certain pages, Laius said that "they" don't need to eat, then wondering why do they sit in a table with silverware in front of them, and he said not to think too much about it

What's the implication?

Dex-chan lover
oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-*carrier lost*

@musicfreak12
they're living corpses. iirc the souls are trapped inside the paintings or another dream world dimension, but those bodies are actually the living but unchanging bodies of the citizens. That's why their hair and nails aren't 5 feet long, etc.

the sorcerer may have set it up as a kind of tableau to try and give himself a bit of peace.

That's actually really clever! Using a citizen to keep the Phoenix from resurrecting itself!

@Tempdos
If the translations last chapter were correct, demons like complex dreams to consume. This would imply that Laius' dreams would taste like watery gruel, while a sorcerer like Thistle's would taste like a four course feast.

Actually I think Lauis's dream(s) does count as a "complex dream" in this case. On page 31 of ch 62, the upside down pyramid really looks like Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, just, well, upside down.

The rare desires (the tastiest!) shown are the Esteem needs, which includes the need for respect and recognition. Then the even rarer desires (definitely the most tastiest!!) would be the Self-Actualization needs, which seems like exactly what Lauis' "learn about and get along with all dungeon monsters" desire is - since it's him trying to be the best him he could be.

So then if the winged-lion is a demon, it'd probably see Lauis' desires as a fancy but also fulfilling meal, and not just gruel.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get it, if the phoenix was immune to fire since it reborn from flame, how can it be cooked with its own fire?

Dex-chan lover
THEY EAT PHOENIX.

I shouldn't surprise, but it's bawling me.

Also, I've seen storm coming

I don't get it, if the phoenix was immune to fire since it reborn from flame, how can it be cooked with its own fire?

@Foxdie I'm assuming what is happening is that the Phoenix's flame is boiling the oil up. When Senshi returns with Yaado on his back, the Phoenix stops burning (while also possibly losing its immunity to fire/heat), thus becoming boiled in the hot oil it's in.

@foxdie
A phoenix may be immune to its fire when alive but not when it is dead, according to legend a phoenix when it dies is consumed by its own flames and is born again to rise from its own ashes. Hence, you can cook a phoenix with its own flames because it is susceptible to them when dead, you just have to prevent flames from going all the way and burning up the flesh to ash and triggering the rebirth and resurrection.

Dex-chan lover
I am so excited for the next chapter.

I hope this manga has a wholesome ending... I don't want the winged lion demon to consume their desires and destroy the whole island. I'm very emotionally attached to the characters.

Dex-chan lover
cover page : i guess that were-wolf elf boy and that elf girl are lovers .

page 4 : actually , a weak , bratty hobbit like chic chac cant draw the bow like that . you need a lot of strength to draw the bow .

page 6 : the mad magician broke a lot of mirrors ? thousands years of bad luck for him , lol .

i guess in the next chapter , laios will release the evil lion , and then the canary elf-s will have to fukk them up ( laios and the lion ) to save everyone else . EPIC BATTLE IS COMING .

page 7 : a cute sh0ta + a pretty young girl + a pretty MILF , and they are still alive but they cant say "no" , why is my c0ck so hard right now ?

and then our party use them as soft pillows , lol , aka human chair , aka chairman = The head of a corporate or governmental board of directors, a committee, or other formal entity .

https://mangadex.org/chapter/209592/1

x1.png

Dex-chan lover
other isekai MCs have some hack , cheat skills , abilities , and in this fantasy manga , laios 's hack , cheat tools are the indestructible throwing stones / meat-shields , they are good for both offense and defense , even the strongest monsters like dragons are scared of these human-shields , lol .

i guess when the mad magician comes back , he will say : you guys cleaned up my house for me ? sob sob , that is the most sweetest thing that someone has ever done for me . sob , i have been so lonely until now . sob , now i will do anything that you guys want me to do .
- anything ? then 1st , take off your clothes .

feather duster , 1 of the most strongest cards in yugioh :
HarpiesFeatherDuster-LCJW-EN-ScR-1E.png

Users who are viewing this thread