Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 11 Ch. 70 - Thistle III

Fed-Kun's army
Its really fun looking and guessing the meaning on each of the dragons' faces

will there be a filler chapter? maybe christmas or new year dungeon cuisine?
2 months is very long.

Dex-chan lover
https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/status/1338629605662597134?s=19

Guidebook is coming !

Dex-chan lover
@eansa first, it's commonly known that all elves are female.
Second, it's not gay unless the balls touch.

Dex-chan lover
Laius was healing himself the entire time!

That magnificent bastard, he jumped into the dragon's wings, that's how he got up to Thistle!

This is chapter is an absolute beauty for hidden details.

Dex-chan lover
This could've been a purely deathly serious chapter with a lot of high tension and intensity (and in many respects it is, just look at Laius bleeding from his eyes and nose on page 31), but Kui-sensei manages to add in light comedic moments without lowering the stakes so much. My favourite moments were the bits where the dragons just go wide-eyed like they got caught eating something they shouldn't have, and the first page where she somehow got me to laugh at Laius' dead friends just by their expressions alone.

Also I must once again gush about how good an author Kui-sensei is. Every re-read of this chapter shows a new subtle detail to the action (like how the white dragon wasn't actually trying to breathe ice on pg 18-19, but instead taking breaths to sneeze on page 20 and 26), and that last page just shows the depth of thought she puts into this world and series. Truly amazing.

Double-page supporter
The tiny Laius legs in the fluffy dragon's wing!! (・o・)
Kui-sensei is really amazing

Group Leader
dhMeAzK.gif

What a chapter!

Fun and all, but it upsets me that he got deus ex machina'd to victory. How on Earth did you go from poison fog to RIDING THE DRAGON BEHIND HIM?

Group Leader
@Chroniclerz It looks like when he breaks the barrel on page 27 he gets washed into the ice dragon you can see the water hit it there and you can see his legs in the wing in page 28

Users who are viewing this thread