Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 11 Ch. 72 - Thistle V

Aggregator gang
@Hounder @Delu
Isn't the plan to eat her dragon half so when they revive her they would get her to be fully human again? I was surprised that they didn't start cutting her out and cooking her dragon body right away.

I have been conditioned to never trust anything that is trapped in a book through my years of reading, I'm strangely happy to be vindicated in whatever way this is.

Fed-Kun's army
Eating desires, the canarie captain with no desires who was "leftovers from a meal" makes sense here

Dex-chan lover
Holu shit dud, they had a long fight so rest is in order but yeah, lion guy was sus from the beginning, but dude i wasnt prepared also in hungry now ugh

something interesting: thistle said that they stopped having swordfighting tourneys because the same person kept winning. that's got to be significant in some way, otherwise it's a really weird line to throw in

a few chapters ago, we saw a creepy life-sized wooden doll sitting at the table that kept moving around. We still havent found out what was up with that, and we just learned that thistle can stick people's souls into dolls. Maybe that doll is the swordsman who won all the tourneys, and Thistle keeps them around as a guard or something? (But if that doll is some super badass swordsman guard, you'd think it would've done something by now. so maybe it's someone else, or maybe it has its own agenda and doesnt care what happens to thistle?)

Double-page supporter
@stray_dog_
Check chapter 68
The doll was already explained and was kind of self evident from when it first appeared (At least who it represented was).
Everyone sitting around the dinner table is Thistle's approximation of what life used to be like for him, and the people there (including the doll) are the royal family.
Derghal sits at the head of the table, his wife to his right, and to her right is their Grandson Yaad (The child from the village who explained their immortality and the winged lion).
To Derghal's left sit his son (The Puppet) Eodio and next to Eodio is his wife.
Thistle removed their souls from their bodies because they all started acting against him, their bodies are still alive and immortal though so sit at the table.
The puppet sits in Eodio's place because, as explained in chapter 68 by the winged lion (Though he's an established unreliable character), King Derghal used Eodio's body to climb to the surface and unveil the dungeon. This happened in flashback in chapter 1 with the "Defeat the mad sorcerer and become king of the dungeon!" thing. Derghal, being outside the dungeon, then died and turned dust along with Eodio's body.

Chilchak was drawn particularly cute this chapter. Others seem slightly different too or maybe its just me

@ilikepi31415 Oh damn yeah i forgot. though in that case, i wonder whether the puppet actually has eodio's soul in it, like how the doll in this chapter has yaad's soul in it, or if it's just a placeholder for his body. rereading the chapter where it showed up, it definitely disappears from its chair for 1 panel (but given that nothing else has happened with that so far maybe it was just a mistake on the mangaka's part? seems out of character given her usual attention to detail though)

Contributor
I don't like this version of Kero as much as the one in Card Captor Sakura. (;A;)

Double-page supporter
@stray_dog_
I'd imagine it was probably just a small error. Those happen from time to time even in this manga. Especially since these are magazine translations and not the collected tankoubans. I'd expect that small error to be fixed when the next volume releases.

Users who are viewing this thread