Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - Red Dragon IV

Dex-chan lover
Prince Hamlet : Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?

Dex-chan lover
i am worried ... i dont want to continue to read
i am realy worried

Double-page supporter
This group is something else from the start... They regularly eat monster meat & plant & water... & keep going the illogical way & succeeds farther than anybody else.

Fed-Kun's army
rereading in preparation for the last chapter. man, this series is so good at making tone switches (tone mixing?) feel natural.

maybe it's because it's my second/third time through, but while the action here is objectively pretty grim ("the party tries to assemble faryln's mostly digested corpse") it doesn't come off as being arbitrarily grim -- it's just what's happening. and if there's a joke on the next panel, that fits too, somehow. it doesn't feel jarring/manipulative, it's just a story that has a little of everything, so sometimes you have panels like that one.

i guess what I'm noticing is that while some authors would play that up for shock value to keep you interested, she just doesn't have to, because everything else (characters, plot, world building, dialogue...) is going to have you hooked either way. what a pro.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Rereading, it's interesting to consider that Olman's ring accomplishes what the dungeon does, preventing his soul from moving on. Gotta wonder if the forces at play are similar enough that resurrection (on the surface world!) would have been possible, and what elf was irresponsible enough to sell it to him.

Users who are viewing this thread