Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 9 Ch. 62 - 6 Days

Dex-chan lover
Man the art just keeps getting better and better, page 30 is both terrifying and incredibly gorgeous at the same time

Dex-chan lover
Great chapter, that full grown demon panel was really beautiful, also dammit, winged lion aint shit.

Dex-chan lover
"an alternate dimension filled with infinite energy" in chapter 34 : https://mangadex.org/chapter/16307/1 .

Holy shit guys this chapter made my pp hard.
The lion its the demon of this dungeon, like the fucking goat on Misurn dungeon. I knew that bastard was evil.
Or maybe its the book that Thisle have, like some other people on the comments have pointed out, nice attention to details you have there boys.
But for the moment i believe its the lion. More surprises in the future if its the book.
And sleepy elf with the toy its Kabrus mom.
Man this chapter was 11/10.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Rugid
the transition to different groups's perspectives is clearly rougher compared to transitions before chapter 39. for example, before chapter 39: kabru's team wipe-outs happened at the start of the chapter, and then laius's party finding them happened in the second half of the chapter, whereas chapter 45 , 52 and 55 are split between two groups' perspectives at different times, so I doubt that the 'meanwhile' in chapter 55 was mistranslated. It would be a mistake even if it wasn't mistranslated because some of the time jokes would legitimately not make sense. As I've said, it's only a minor issue that doesn't disrupt the timeline in this masterpiece of a story, and I don't mind it. If you personally mind it, just search for the raws and try to figure out the most accurate translations for yourself (or get a good japanese reader to help you clarify the issue).

I KNEW the thing with Laius being a ~chosen one~ was fishy business, Kabru fans it is finally our time to shine.

@seihanda and hopefully there will not be one until it is done. this is the one series of ALL series I want a high budget, properly paced, multi-season, complete adaptation.

Aggregator gang
Wild speculation about Canaries and elven law, in light of the camaraderie within our local squad:
Two scenarios come to mind. A) Ancient magic is heavily regulated and punished within elven society. Among the lawbreakers, amicable ones are chosen to become Canaries. The problem is how to come up with enough amicables, if real-world trends apply. A huge prison population to pick from, all guilty of using ancient magic? Bonds of friendship forged in a gnarly training regimen (does Pattdohl really seem like she could handle one?)? Mind control? Some unavoidable punishment for any that go AWOL? It's strange that convicts in service have such free rein. Maybe license to mess around with other races' affairs is more interesting to them than rebellion? It's hard for me to see this working.

or B) Though there are laws against using it, knowledge of ancient magic is ubiquitous among elves. Breaking magic law is akin to a slightly disreputable rite of passage, like running away from home to join a circus. Except in this case, your career choice is turning yourself into a weapon at the cost of becoming a state secret. I think volunteerism better explains how friendly everyone in the squad is with each other.

Actually, along those lines, I wonder if Canaries cut their own ear-notches as part of a ceremony. That might explain why Misurn's ears are chopped. Not due to his unique status as both handler and (technical) convict, but because he was in charge of his own notches, and it didn't occur to him to stop.

@SHTJ Ooh, very nice catch on the book. I wonder if Marcille's hesitation and odd course of action in the Nightmare chapter, pages 24-25, was due to recognizing a demonic element in the solution her dream presented, and deciding against it.

i reread the previous chapter and obviously the lion is clearly a demon he feed Laius so many desires in his dream to plant seed for what he'll collect later on
he said he is just a power and that he granted the crazy elf wish and that he is sealed deep inside
it all point out that he desire to change his host because for some reasons the crazy elf managed to keep him in check all these years and he failed to collect power to grow that's why he look cute like a kid like what the goat looked before he ate Misurn
he said to beware of the canary so that nobody could get on his way since they know the truth
there is just a small chance he is not 100% gonna be bad because the author revealed a big twist that would pay more if she waited until they are gonna be bamboozled so there is good chance that there is gonna be another twist about his nature

Double-page supporter
@Metonym
Among the Canaries, there are criminals but there also elite elves that are from noble families. Misurn isn't a criminal and his ears was cut off by the demon, not by other elves. From other fantasy stories I read, the ears are an elf's pride so when an elf committed a crime, his/her ears got cut as a punishment and to distinguish them from other elves. I don't think it is a voluntary process. Maybe there are some kind of spells that bind them or there is some kind of rewards.
And I don't think there is anything strange for them to be friendly with each other since they have gone through a lot missions and stayed together for a long time that they forget about the criminal status. Like in Jigokuraku, the guards and the criminals become friendly to each other due to the circumstance they are in.

Fed-Kun's army
The next chapter can't come soon enough. What an absolute joy to read and then pick out all of the small details.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter had so much in it and despite the darker tone of it with misiruns story,the comedy and food remained relevant for this chapter also the page with the full blown demon was amazing and much more intimidating that what has been seen so far.

ironically i have this feeling like laius would be safer from those demons than most, but only if he knew what they actually are. luckily this guy's gonna swoop in and tell him at the last second

Users who are viewing this thread