Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 9 Ch. 62 - 6 Days

@BCS With the benefit of having just re-read the entire story 5 days ago, I can say with much confidence that this has all been hinted at and very well, I might add. The lion described himself as "power." As any DnD player or thaumaturgist would know, that's a dead give-away. Marcille spoke of "a realm of limitless power" in relation to the ancient magics. We covered how the elven and dwarven governments seize any relics of the ancients in order to prevent forbidden knowledge from leaking. The ancient war between dwarves and elves. Marcille's motivation for dungeon-diving. And much more. It's all there and it all jives.

@SHTJ I like the idea of the grimoire being a demon. I had figured it was an artifact of the ancients, quite likely for the express purpose of enslaving a demon while avoiding most of the harmful effects. But I don't know, the winged lion feels an awful lot like a demon to me. On the other hand, as @me474 says, we just got a big twist and there's still a climax to resolve. We'll likely be getting another one.

@balenol It hurts. I wanted to believe, I was hoping my instincts were wrong. Maybe though, we'll see. *fingers crossed for celestial outsider*

Fed-Kun's army
Every aspect of this series was done so well. I love how believable and grounded every character story has. No ass pull. No deus-ex.

Dex-chan lover
Highly interesting chapter. Also male elves are too hot, please no.

Dex-chan lover
With that mention of the captain not having any favorite food, his only desire left being his desire for vengeance against demons, the possibility that the winged lion was evil all along and needs to be killed, and Laius’ own tendencies; anyone else feel like, by the end of this dungeon, the captain will get a new favorite meal made from a certain special ingredient?

Dex-chan lover
This story has been an absolute blast when it comes to its short and long term payoffs, this author is amazing she must have had constructed at least 80% of all the story beforehand to have such cohesive storytelling that doesn't disappoint.

Contributor
Oh yeah, so the lion king really is a horrible demon.

This story keep getting better and better.

So is the winged lion just an illusion created by the goat eye book Thistle carries that's the actual demon?

Dex-chan lover
@tickub probably and eating a demon is probably thee only way to conquer a dungeon properly. His desire will change to "I wanna know what demon tastes like and if you can make it taste real good." Demon grants wish without thinking because the desire is too good to pass up

Buff Misurn made me crack up.

I don't think Thistle's grimoire is the demon. The eye design happens to be similar to Misurn's demon, but that's only because that demon was a goat and goats' eyes are just naturally like that.

Although having said that, on page 28 the cyclopian demon coming through the gate does have a similar vertical eye so maybe it is the grimoire.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, we got a lot of information and it didn't feel like reading a wall of text! That's some serious storytelling skill! I also love the fact that we don't know what will happen if Laius conquer the dungeon!

Dex-chan lover
That's certainly a unique way of having a flashback chapter. And that page with the demon breaking out of the dungeon is absolutely gorgeous.

This means that the winged lion in Laius' dream is the dungeon's demon this time, huh. And apparently Laius himself turned out to be the most dangerous person imaginable to inherit the title of a dungeon master when we previously thought he's just a harmless guy. Things are definitely getting much more interesting now.

@Shengar
Yeah, the rapegoat.

Dex-chan lover
The ancients should have conducted their experiments on Mars, just to be safe...

Users who are viewing this thread