Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 9 Ch. 62 - 6 Days

Dex-chan lover
@ilikepi31415

Dungeons are big sources of natural resources. To the local people, it's like finding a goldmine and having a foreign military close it down for no good reason. Based on the first chapter they appeared in, it seems like they purposely wait for when the dungeon gets to the point where the people start getting corrupted by it, letting the dungeon feed on their desires, and having it grow to a state where the local people will be begging the Canaries to close it.

Also, elf Kabru is really cute. Those eyelashes are on point.

Dex-chan lover
@ ilikepi31415
Right, but I mean the townspeople don't know about the demon (for good reason). Instead, they just get told that this massive source of resources can't be used.

Double-page supporter
the page picture where the demon break free was almost like tarot card

What a revelation.
I hoped Laios to become the Dungeon Lord before as he was a man without any ill intent but now we see that the dungeon can never be controlled as the power for it is an evil interdimensional being.
That sucks for Laios man. This isn't going to be a happy ending, I can tell.

Love demons though. God, I love the author.

Dex-chan lover
I see, this chapter really puts into perspective just how mysteriously good the conditions the winged lion gave laius were.

So it's trying to trick him into trying to reach for complex but unattainable goals in the dungeon so that he can eat him and be free.

For those stating that the winged lion is a daemon are probably right, but it has shown different characteristics from the one given in the elf captains story.

First, its eyes are different in that it has round pupils as opposed to the goat-like pupils shown throughout this chapter.

Second, the winged lion has expressed desires of its own which seems a bit odd for a being that feeds off of desire.

Third, despite being an enormous dungeon it does not appear to have consumed any of the original inhabitants in stark contrast to dungeon in the elf's story which consumed all the other elves before eating the elf captain. So it is possible from the beginning the winged lion was different, or it was telling the truth and it was "corrupted" over the thousand years in contact to the original inhabitant population and the created monsters. The lion being different and/or good is backed up by the fact that it is recognized by the inhabitants as the guardian spirit of the country indicating a possible relationship prior to the dungeon coming into being.

Lots of ways the winged lion could be friendly/good. So lots of room for a happy ending or it could be a standard daemon which takes on whatever appearance is conducive to seducing its victims and using whatever arguments are likely to make the victum fall in line.

Then of course, it could be "corrupted" by Laios or be consumed from the outside-in or from the inside-out by Laios.

Fun Fact: one of the possible meanings of the word daemon is power. Makes it a bit creepy that the winged lion introduced itself as power.

Double-page supporter
Infinite energy from another dimension, but also summoned demons. Hm.... Doom?
(Imagine Doomguy make a cameo and kills the winged lion at the end of this manga 🤣)

Dex-chan lover
"Delicious in Dungeon"
"Demons eat the desires of others to grow"

It all makes sense now.

I am continually impressed with this series, kui ryoko might just be my fav mangaka ever..............

@lividus and then he turns into a pickle and dabs hahaha wouldn't that be awesome
keanu reeves wholesome 100 big chungus
edit: thanks for the gold!

I wonder if this is all true or Misurn is just a really good bullshitter... after all the elder races' knowledge is supposed to be secret, right? I guess maybe keeping secrets is just one of the desires he lacks, but. Could just be a convenient way to set things up.

Dex-chan lover
@Firianath Yes, that's how he'll transcend and beat the demons in their own game. Eat rather than be eaten, lol.

Fed-Kun's army
@CountBaltorious Someone pointed this out in a raw thread before.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vapula

"Vapula (or Naphula) is a powerful Great Duchess of Hell that commands thirty-six legions of demons. She teaches philosophy, mechanics, and sciences. Vapula is depicted as a griffin-winged lion."

When Misurn said something about Thistle being too complex about the wishes and desires in the dungeon and the anon that pointed out vapula, it kinda clicks. The winged lion could be a demon that wants to get rid of Thistle and appoint Laius as the new DM. Because his desires were not only enormous and a driving force, but also simply straight forward. It's kinda the same trap Misurn fell into.
Then again, someone else also pointed out that winged lions in the west are considered saints by St. Marks' legend.

Users who are viewing this thread