Dungeon Meshi

@danceicarus : yes for now. Appearantly if you die in dungeon you still can be revived by any mage as long as you have the corpse/physical body, but outside dungeon you can't do revival magic. If the scars is really bad or worse you need an excellent magician who can perform advanced revival magic or
using ancient magic which is the focus on the story later
. You will understand more if you keep reading tho

Dex-chan lover
With how Laius normally act, I couldn't imagine he could radiance protagonist aura like that last page
go for it !

Dex-chan lover
Does "cutting board" have the same ambiguity in Japanese as it does in English (a board for cutting on, versus a board that cuts), or is the visual pun on the Volume 9 cover purely a coincidence?

Dex-chan lover
@Kirarxe
What I mean is, in English the phrase "cutting board" could, grammatically, be interpreted as the rather absurd "a board that cuts" as well as the usual "a board on which things are cut", so seeing a cutting board itself used for cutting things on that cover serves as a visual pun.
My question was whether Japanese has the same double-meaning; if the word is まな板 then the question was whether the まな part could be twisted the same way. It looks like it can't.

I was checking the covers. And it’s odd that the samurai one doesn’t have part of its illustration on top of the red border.

If the manga is close to ending, wouldnt it say so (in the editor notes or something)? I just don't wanna believe the people saying they think it'll end in the next few chapters... and I also have a feeling there is still more to the story

Users who are viewing this thread