Dungeon Meshi

Somehow it just seems appropriate for this series that such a major climactic confrontation happens in a kitchen.

the story takes to long to get started after the hook, but when it does its a pleasant read

If yall don't want this manga to die, I recommend supporting the author's sales. I like it and I'd like to see it end gracefully

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@Gypsy36

I don't believe the manga is in danger of ending prematurely seeing how many times it's been nominated for awards, and the fact that it runs in Harta, a magazine that gives its writers scheduled months off in a year. A monthly magazine that gives its writers vacations doesn't seem like the type to axe manga without giving them time and chances to recover, and other Harta publications tend to be more slow SoL type manga.

That said, please buy volumes anyway, because Ryoko Kui deserves it!! I'm lucky enough to live near a comic shop and regularly stalk it for new volumes of Dungeon Meshi. High popularity means it'll up the chances of an anime adaption too, probably once the story has wrapped up and a studio is able to adapt the whole thing.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Thistle is some big time Yaoi bait, even for an elf?

Wow this is incredible, made with love and intricate science-like approach to the cooking, drafting, magic, and lore.
It takes a little bit for the plot to take off, but those introductory chapters are very atmospheric.
A oddball, comedy series quickly turns into something emotionally invested in... and not in a cheap shonen nakama way.
Highly recommended!

I was introduced to this manga on "Atop the Fourth Wall" while I read it whenever the chapters come out. I've made sure to buy every volume released in the US. I looks like it's drawing to a close, but it was definitely fun.

Aggregator gang
@Sem @Gypsy36 @AbsoluteZeroHero @andriankany

Pretty despressing mood here lol. The manga is really really well done and theres no other as good at portraying cooking and adventure. So i just wanna clear some stuff up.

Dungeon Meshi is basically the best selling cooking manga there is and sells still as much as peak shokugeki no souma did before the great crash after the advisor left. It sells pretty much 250-300k physical copys in 2 weeks. Least volume 8 and 9 did, if you check the oricon ranking it places top 3-5 consistent for weeks. Just for your info 100k is considered quite good in 2 weeks.

It is hartas best selling manga with Otoyomegatari/a brides story. Brides story is actually moving next month to a new magazine to make it worth buying. So Harta has like only Dungeon meshi as a really strong seller left now.

A manga that might be in actual fear of cancellation if it doesnt improve is sousou no frieren. Despite what people on this site think about its ranking it only sold 20k prints week 1 for 2 volumes in a row. I was curious how some manga do, because in the end only results matter. Also checking oricon rankings for new reading material is better than the rating system here lol.

@Badakog yeah it has slow paced and mostly cooking + introduction to the world building at the begining part. But I'll guaratee you the plot, story, and fighting scene will get heavy on chap 30+...
From my experience its much better than common isekai/fantasy story who take places in magical D&D world, but with better story and character building in it

This is one of the best mangas i've ever read. (Maybe even the best)
The art is excellent, the plot is great, the way the story is told is very smart. So many great ideas and plot devices... Everything feels consistent and has a logical in-world explanation, nothing is gratuitous. The characters are great and very original, which is pretty rare because everything in mangas is so codified and there are so many overused clichés...
Great manga, i'm looking forward to reading the rest of it.
Not a native speaker, sorry if some sentences look weird.

Users who are viewing this thread