Dungeon Meshi

Aggregator gang
Dungeon Meshi is a masterful bridge between mundanity and fantasy, grounding magical fauna in ecological principles and casting whimsy over the practical matters of hunting and eating them. While this charming concept often takes center stage, its situation within a monster ecosystem is constantly echoed by other factors within equally complex webs. Interests guiding economies. Maneuvers within politics. Relations among comrades. Subjects that readily make for a dry and imposing read.

Yet Dungeon Meshi gives them all personal perspective, examining them through the motivations of characters the reader has come to understand or even love. Thus laden, these motivations lend further weight to the many moods the manga ably navigates, tense to comforting, grim to triumphant, and in between, a whole lot of silly known best by professionals who surround themselves with danger.

Also the storytelling is highly, highly crafted. It is dense, with minimal filler. Foreshadowing may occur many such dense chapters in advance. When a big reveal occurs, you can return to the leadup and find that yes, the crucial detail was right there for you to spot. There is an overarching neatness and sense to Dungeon Meshi that subtracts nothing from the drama of the moment.

The guy above me said everything i would have said, and i shall summarize it:
Peak of the highest order, one of the best stories and developments i have ever read. Generations need to see this, my future grandchildren shall see this, to never be forgotten.

In the end there's no Chilchack family reveal, sadge
Excellent world building and storytelling though, best one I've read in a long time. Highly recommended.
tumblr_503879d1d22fed56512aef35a589d2a0_44cb5d24_1280.webp

What a freaking story! Good show! From light hearted cooking in the dungeon to seriousness of losing ones you love. It was great. But in the end it did made me very angry that Failin and Marceline didnt kiss >///<

Dex-chan lover
Curious thing, there's only one volume cover where you can't see the whole party together, vol 12

So Seasonal means "currently airing anime" and not "currently issuing manga" then? Or does it mean both?
Seasonal are the manga that currently have visual adaptations this season(hence "seasonal"). Manga just continuously release unless they are in hiatus or finish while adaptations take time to make and have set air dates. Currently issuing manga will have "Ongoing" next to their starting publication date

I've finished reading the whole thing. Thank you to the translators for giving me the opportunity to read something so deeply affecting. I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread