Dungeon Seeker - Vol. 4 Ch. 33 - Dungeon Seeker

Double-page supporter
The manga was axed because plagiarized against arifureta. All the revenues both light novel and manga went to arifureta author after the sue. Blame arifureta author if you think the ending was bad
The story is totally different from arifureta... to be sued by the author? '-'

Double-page supporter
Simpl
Nani? I don't understand anything at all. Who was the old man and girl? If they were in an old chapter, then I've forgotten them after a long time. So who was the guy who wrote the letters? And why is he still talking to him on the telephone after returning to Japan? And how can the guy say that he beat the dungeon after the MC, if the MC was reading his letters before beating the dungeon himself? And why did the girl kill god?
Simple... time and space were in chaos...

Double-page supporter
If it was not that end it was good... even if it was rushed... but what I hate is about end it without a proper explain...
And it was like the girl said... "The story that a no third-party will ever be able to figure out."

'-'

I enjoyed the potential... but the execution was terrible. Instead of a story in which things are set up so the reader has some iota of an idea of what is happening, it is all straight delivery. No build up, just delivery. It's as if someone had a bunch of ideas and wanted to fit them in, instead of considering how to weave them in to make sense. Instead it's just thrown at us one after another. There's no time for anything to stick, since we simply move on to the next thing. It leaves this feeling like you HAVE to read the LN first to have any understanding of the story beyond "he was teleported, God figure is crazy, he now has to fight." There was 0 world building. Nothing was cohesive. The time bending concept of the "dungeon" was utilized super poorly. The entire "crack dungeon" concept wasn't fleshed out and felt like a weird after thought. If the art hadn't been enjoyable I don't think I could have managed to stick it thru. My curiosity on if it would improve or wrap things up nicely drove me on and here I am... feeling unsatisfied and bored.

Dex-chan lover
All of these complaints... But it's actually quite good.

What I love is that it's clear that there are many different stories. Jun Pei is the protagonist -- of his own story. Everyone else has their own story as well, some greater, some lesser, some equivalent.

Noriko makes her self-serving choice, and then very quickly ends up being abused, then raped, tortured, mentally broken. The crux of her character is that she's not a bad person, but also not as good person as she initially thought that she was. Which makes her a normal person. I think the worst thing for her was the too-late realization that the best choice would have been running away with Jun Pei, in which case they would have had a good life (maybe). And while she claims to be trying to "save" Jun Pei by killing him, more likely she's just trying to erase the reality and guilt of what she did to him. And yet still, in the end, she does apologize to him -- which she did really want to do. (People can have contradicting motives.)

Mugetsu's story is much longer (thousands of years) and likely much more epic than Jun Pei's. Jun Pei's story is basically just a side-quest for her. We know that story is there -- even though we see only the tiniest fraction of it.

Gocchan/Lihelt must also have a hell of a life (being part of the demon slayer party for one). Here we only see the bits of it where it intersects with Jun Pei's story. Again, we only see a bit of the story, and see that it turns out happily.

Kido has own story. He does leave behind his past and start a decent life. But then his old sins catch up with him, and it's not just him, but his wife and children that pay the price for what he did.

Sakagami, the guy with Clairvoyance who came to rescue Noriko, had his own determination as well, and worked hard to reach the point where he could save her (only to be offed by the broken Noriko). Again, a man with a story of which we only see the tiniest part.

The Letter guy: Again, we get a bit of his story, and that sounds fairly epic as well.

Dex-chan lover
Quick Skim for character names since many only appear once.
  • Takeda Junpei MC
  • Kido Shouta: Bully/Initial Villain. Nori-KO.
  • Sakakibara Kazuya: Gang, long blonde hair. c10 Joins gang of bandits, accidentally enters dungeon. (4-5 years passed for him.) Jun-KO.
  • Nakabayashi Yoshihiko: Gang, black hair. c16 Chimerized. Jun-KO
  • Sakagami Tatsuya: Gang, spiky short blonde hair. [c16] Had a crush on Noriko, so went to save her. Nori-KO.
  • Tatsumiya Noriko: Childhood friend, protected by, then protecting of Junpei in JP life. c15 [c16]
  • ----
  • Hidari/Aco Atmos: Jackass God
  • Cheni: God's broken, suicidal maid.
  • Katrina: Cannibalistic villager
  • Mugetsu/Sakaguchi Nazuna: c14
  • Rakuki Mia: c14 Soulmate?
  • Libelt/Vigore/Gossan: c15

Dex-chan lover
All they needed was for Mia to join him to make the ending not feel so lame.

That's all they needed

Users who are viewing this thread