Dungeon Seeker

Dex-chan lover
The plagiarism thing definitely sucks because this is one of the less terrible edge mangas I've read. Like, it never is as good as Berserk or Revival Man, but at least it isn't "one half assed betrayal justifies buying child slaves" level of terrible.

а мне понравилось, хз почему у этой манги такой рейтинг низкий

pacing was shit. part way through, i went "what? only like 10 more chapters left?"

i did enjoy it tho

Sucks that this got axed cuz arifureta sued dungeon seeker for copyright infringement

the LN's story is a bit different to the manga

Great series but the axe butchered it :/ sadly otherwise kinda original really liked this one
the axe was really bad

So the girl Noriko literally runs his whole life cause she's weak and a coward and the MC becomes an edge lord and the whole series is as unsatisfying as can be.

People shit too much on it. The manga is good. But the end was kinda too fast. Idk why arifureta sued this because they are not really that original. Pick any isekai type of shit and you have weak ass mc a dungeon and other shit. Just because arifurta got edgy does not mean they own the edge ...... Btw arifureta isnt good either its just trash as most shit

I've read the LN up to the 5 Vol., I think, and there were at least a few more untranslated at the time. The manga is somewhat close to the LN until Mugen appears - nothing after that (with Mugen's existence included) was anywhere in the LN I've read. Instead, the LN focused on deeper worldbuilding for a while, included a few plot twists where the MC started thinking about the nature of the Dungeon, the world itself, and the relationships within, including his own. If you've played Bioshock, it was on the level of meeting Andrew Ryan and his "hit, would you kindly". The LN translation was dropped, and now I came back to see the manga being obviously axed, with the ending being completely divorced from the plotlines present in the LN. That's a lot of wasted potential here, in cases of both manga and LN :(

Also, what about Arifureta and copyright? It doesn't make any sense, at all: the characters are very different, the theme here is much darker and without annoying "comic relief" every other page, the worldbuilding is much more detailed and less cliche (or maybe I just like the cliches in DS better), and the plot is only similar for the first few chapters... And yeah, in the category of "got dumped/swindled/almost murdered by the classmates/god/king&nobles, miraculously survived and went on to get his/her revenge" Dungeon Seeker is actually really decent. Better than things like that guy who "healed the world and reversed time", or who started brainwashing and raping all the girls he could find, or who started getting extremely delusional and signed some "joint-revenge-venture" with a bunny girl, or is (
apparently god of death
) who kills everything with a single word, etc...

Dex-chan lover
nyaaaahh, well that was nice not the manga of the century but still a nice read ^^

Most of it was good, but pretty much everything toward the end was absolute trash. Quite disappointing.

Fed-Kun's army
Good premise, great art, mediocre storytelling. I actually really like the ending in this, possibly just because it knew when to end instead of dragging itself out indefinitely, but largely because of how balls to the wall and atypical it is. Virtually no story element is wasted in this series, all the action and character beats are decent, but the exposition is conveyed in the most basic ways possible and the pacing can be far too tight at times.

Users who are viewing this thread