E-Rank Healer - Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
Damn, she's stepping into dens of snakes one after the other. If that's going to be her daily life, maybe the harassment from that mage was beneficial.

Dex-chan lover
I know it's not going to happen, but I wish so much that Carol is just proven wrong. Yes, it is perfectly possible for her to not know of a medicine that uses that plant. Yes, it is perfectly possible that the assistant was just upset that Carol was acting high and mighty in her opinion. I want Carol to be proven wrong.

I also want Carol to grow as a result. She doesn't need to have her confidence shattered. She can take it as a learning opportunity, a chance to accept that she doesn't know everything but that she can still have faith in herself. Having faith in yourself doesn't mean that you have to go with every suspicion you have of someone else. Oh no, the assistant smirked!?!? She must be evil! That's crap.

Too bad none of that is going to happen and the assistant is going to turn out evil. Too bad.

Wait a minute... Doesn't that mean that they have a special method for refining the fruit into medicine?
One that expunges the "hallucinogenic" leaving only the anesthetic effect

So... how they dispose of this byproduct of the refining process could be a major hint

If only MC hadn't been bullied into crippling self-doubt she might've pressed harder

Dex-chan lover
As someone who read some of the raws
oh how everyone is gonna despise the old man and his assistant before this is over with, and yes, carol's tea was poisoned, before you ask

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't she have tried to hold onto the tea for testing? Even if it was just to give it to another animal?

@comeonnow0 that would have been great, but instead of a more complex story with them being potential good team rivals later, we get the old the bad guys are among us crap

Dex-chan lover
they dump the tea without doing any testing but I believe she would have found out something no matter how good the other girl is at hiding it. Also Carol didn't say anything about suspecting his apprentice and he jumped all over her, that's suspicious

Dex-chan lover
Exactly how much do you have to look down on someone that you don’t think that an herbalist wouldn’t find it even a little suspicious that their tea had a different color and scent from the others. Even with the assumption that she was a third-rate herbalist.

off this chapter alone im torn if i should drop it or not
obvious bad guy is obvious
how the fuck do you manage to fuck up poisoning someone or was it a ploy to get her to doubt herself

Dex-chan lover
@AnonDePlume
Enough to then taunt said herbalist while attempting to discredit their abilities in front of your master, thus practically admitting that you are completely guilty basically any suspicion towards you. And if not to that extent, then at least completely untrustworthy going forwards.

Dex-chan lover
@AnonDePlume

Don't even need to be an herbalist. Anyone with two working eyes would see that there's something fishy that one tea clearly looks different than the rest.

And more than that, they completely deflected the blame without any evidence to support their innocence, and didn't even bother explaining why the tea looked different. That's a huge red flag, because anyone actually interested in preserving their innocence would explain why the tea was that way instead of doing a "no u".

@Tatsuya-Kai well, aren't they too obvious? unfortunately the other guys didn't witness what carol face with those wicky icky

Users who are viewing this thread