E-Rank Healer - Ch. 14

When I was reading this chapter, all I could think of was how shoujo-y this entire situation was (with the overly defensive and suspicious people with decent reasons yet the good people siding with the heroine anyways.) Then I remember that I was reading a shoujo, LOL.

Dex-chan lover
@Tatsuya-Kai : Eh, I have different reaction
More like it is establishing that Mamari is being used and the old man is likely the real culprit.

For people who care, the super quick run down of the events until the end of current raw (ch 17, next one coming out Sept 22nd)
(Apologies if I get some bit wrong since I skim through some bits out of disgust :v)

Carol try to get info on how the kids get the pit viper, old man whined.
Then the kids mention something about the orphanage director being quite sick.
Mamari had a strong reaction to that.

Later we learn that Mamari came from this town, in fact from that orphanage.

Mamari ask Carol to save the director.

Carol go and do her thing, and learn that someone came to just give the children the pit viper for free as 'medicine to make you better'

Carol came back, and the next day find Kaid and the mage suffering *coughwithdrawalsymptomcough*
Carol try to give them her medicine, but their throats are too dry to take it
Mamari walk in with the tea
Carol was doubtful,but give them the medicine with tea
more suffering reaction
old man come in, talk trash about how dare Carol think her medicine is a panacea that work on everything, and tell Mamari to just make more of the tea, because THAT is a true panacea
at first the two showed some suffering, but soon falls asleep
old man leave with one last bitching

as Carol wondered aloud what happened to them (since they were like that before she showed up) Mamari started timidly explaining their state (their body couldn't handle the tea's power), and mention they might suffer again
Carol then beg Mamari to say what she knows about those two, because she just want to save them
Mamari then cave and start with saying the tea was made with kodama and monster parts, and the chapter end with her about to go into full confession mode

So my speculation is this:
The old man is the mastermind and the 'goal' for this trip was to actually get Kaid and the mage addicted to pit viper so he can use their withdrawal symptoms to order them around.

And now that Mamari is about to spill the bean, Carol will likely make the antidote
Maybe she'll get captured by the old man either right after feeding them the antidote or right before which leave Mamari to feed them to redeem herself.
The old man will then get a chapter or so to gloat about his evil plan to make all the high ranking people addicted to his drug and subservient to him because otherwise they'll suffer the withdrawal symptom.
Cue Kaid and the mage come in to rescue Carol and also show "yeah, we recorded your confession.....huh this feels deja vu"

Dex-chan lover
Someone should transmigrate into this world and sucker punch Mamari.

*edit*
After reading spoilers. Change the assault to the old coot.

Dex-chan lover
@NineTails
I actually a see a good reason right there in the chapter. She didn't bring up pit viper at all, yet they went out of their way to bitch about her accusing them of having something to do with it. That alone sounds suspicious and would make me think the apprentice baited her to make it look like our MC isn't competent. It's been a while, do they even know she's actually a better pharmacist than they are and who her dad is? It could be good old fashioned fragile egos and a vicious defense of his job security ( Oh no. somebody else is being praised for being great? i'll shut em down a peg for I am the absolute greatest! Or he doesn't want to get replaced by her) but that's still enough to not trust a damn thing coming from him after that farce of a spat and dude's bringing his own job politics into an investigation instead of focusing on the damn job.

Double-page supporter
Someone needs to pull their heads out of their butt. You are currently studying Pit Viper and you have your disciple collecting one of the major ingredients of Pit Viper without first communicating it to the group. You should expect some suspicion if you are that stupid. Getting mad about it just makes you suspicious as well. I hope the resolution of this arc won't be so straight forward and cliche. A couple of Red Herrings would be good considering how dumb the first villain was.

Double-page supporter
Don't mind me, just going to vent for a second.

She could have just used search on the tea. It apparently lets her analyze the ingredients of things anyways, so wouldn't that be the first thing to come to mind when you think "I wonder if they put something in my tea"? If something comes up as too complex to analyze just freakin' ask what they used in it. If they get suspicious you can easily just say "I saw mine was different so I was curious as to what the difference was".
It's not like you can say she didn't have the chance to, since nothing was stopping her from doing it after getting yelled at. Besides, if it turns out there is something too complex to use search on, you've got plenty of justification to be suspicious. Who the hell would put something in tea that's so complex it couldn't be immediately analyzed by her high-level search ability?

Also, why weren't the other three paying any attention? She was standing right next to Kaido when she looked at Mamari. What, did he say "Is that so?" and immediately turn around and wander off out of earshot to let her be the only person that saw Mamari's smug bitch grin for the sake of the plot?

And boy, he sure was angry at her for being concerned wasn't he? The hell's this "Do you wish to pin my disciple as the villain?" shit? It's not like she said a single goddamn thing about it. He didn't even let her speak! It's natural to go "Huh, that's weird" when a person tells you they're using an ingredient that's needed for poison but refuses to tell you about it. Thinking something's strange when they prepare tea that's different from everyone else's immediately after is hardly inappropriate! Wouldn't the correct response be "you don't have to be worried about that"? If it turns out he doesn't have anything to do with Pit Viper and wasn't trying to cover for her I'm going to be Livid.

God.

Fed-Kun's army
I might be wrong, but didn't she had an analysis type of skill? Couldn't she use that to check if there was something of the tea?

Looking at the comms and spoilers, i think its still not a good time to start reading this, yes? I've been skipping it since ch.1 because of how depressing this story is... Or maybe i should just ditched this manga?

Director is the villain, Mamari is in on it and Pit Viper is processed squirrel poop, calling it now

@digitalromance77 it’s a shoujo manga, it’s going to keep up this level of drama

if what it offers beside that isnt enough to make up for that then yeah you should prolly drop it

im always on the fence with shoujo manga too haha

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat
Oh i agree don't get me wrong, but ignorance in the face of truth is still something to have disdain for
Besides that, while i do believe mamari is being used, it also doesn't change the fact that her disdain for carol allowed kaido and the magician guy to get poisoned, so as the saying goes, you earn forgiveness, it doesn't just come out of nothing.

Dex-chan lover
I gonna bet they two(the suspected villain) doing all of this to discredit her as the daughter of the former "director of healing", since they got envy with her or something.

Dex-chan lover
Oh look the bitch manipulated the biases of the old simp.

also.. child labor for cheap drugs, such effective ways of being a huge asshole.

gahd, I think I'm too stressed out.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, this is so fascinating, the investigation is really tak..😴😴😴

Bah! No, I'm awake! No way did I think the protag is stressing over easily understandable, and solvable, concerns!

Users who are viewing this thread