E-Rank Healer - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Huh, i honestly thought the Spirit Girl would be a b!tch, maybe because she looks a bit like literal B!tch? (I mean... you-know-who from Shield Hero), but she seems like a nice girl with common sense.

Gouge that motherf*cker's eyes out. It'll stop both his magic bs and (maybe) his heart from beating due to blood loss.

@MoonLightXC I figured Gran was using some kind of magic on Carol. It's probably some kind of spirit magic, hence why she was unaffected by his charm and why he framed her so she couldn't figure out how his ability works.

His ability probably doesn't work on people with powerful magical abilities or those capable of spirit magic.

Dex-chan lover
God, I am so glad he saw through it instantly. I don't think I could have survived a misunderstanding phase.

@Bufuman Yeah, but she has to know she's sick before she can cure herself. Kind of a central tennant of brainwashing is "don't let the brainwashed know their being brainwashed." Plus if he uses it at such a large scale, then finding a judge or other legal arbitrator who is immune and can't have their authority undermined is going to be very difficult even if Kai is recording proper evidence. So getting her away from him is gonna be tough. Then again Kai is a royally recognized individual, he probably has the connections.

Double-page supporter
Bruh are you kidding me. Absolutely no progress in this chapter either.

@svelandria this story was written by humans who could’ve elected to give their MC agency, but didn’t. There’s a long history of women as protags with no agency. It’s tiresome. I want to see more of our girl getting stronger on her own terms and less of her being whisked away by Yet Another White Knight.

Dex-chan lover
@beeqwop:
@KarrotKakes: Latest raw (ch 8) just came out
First of, FINALLY Kaid show up to rescue her (not that it took that long, he had to go do some paperwork first to arrest the bastards)

By the power of CONFESSION (yes, he did say he likes her) to trigger her mind to work against the charm magic.
Basically, she's been under the charm magic for so long that even after staying away from the trash she's still brainwashed, so Kaid had to make herself start to break away with her own will (her time spent with Kaid improved her self-worth enough to make it happen, and Kaid stepping in to ensure trash doesn't cast charm on her again in that time)

With their bragging about the charm magic that he recorded earlier, he has proof that they've been using charm magic to commit frauds in much of their achievements.
And, not surprisingly, Kaid is an S rank.

And trash turn out to be unable to fight, because his job is to use his charm magic to stop the monsters so his trash buddies can defeat them (so in term of actual combat skill they're all shit)

So after beating them and Carol herself saying bye to the trash (very much the same wording used against Kaid in this chapter), they were turned in and Kaid and Carol went on their way.
While Carol is panicking at how Kaid is S rank so the reward she offered him for his guard quest on her way home was totally not enough, etc.
Kaid casually said he doesn't need it and KISS her.
All is well..............

EXCEPT that we get a shadowy mage-looking person saying "E-rank pharmacist eh....I'm not amused" (i.e. the next antagonist in line)

Contributor
@WhimsiCat Cliffhanger chains are a pain...
I wouldn't mark him down as an antagonist just yet... I think that's the dude that's been giving Kaido the missions, since he uses the same messenger bird. If anything, I feel as if he will be the hot king/prince who starts to poke fun at how Kaido finally got himself a wife.

Dex-chan lover
So flat. The villains are. I think muppets would be more complex then this.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah. There's no need to go through the trouble of exposing anything. Just free his shoulders from the burden of carrying his head, and all the problems are solved.

Turly, shoujo manga rarely can see the simplest solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread