Efforts Never Betray

that ending was crushingly heart breakingly absolutely brutal. Reading the afterword and seeing the authors intent to showcase this is actually happening to many people whose story isn’t told is very very very important and genius. People do meet that end in this life. Should we ignore those endings and not inform readers? If one person read this and was able to help a person in this characters situation or be able to recognize something like this, (Obviously not as crazy as this b domestic abuse and bullying and mental health) The world gets better.

Aggregator gang
@chapatty
I’m over the past but yea..everything you said is right. It doesn’t matter if the manhwa present itself as more/less serious than IRL situations, this types of stuff exists especially seeing how modern society functions as a meritocracy.
That’s why I always tell people to never be envious of smart people at face value. On the positive end, they may be earnestly working harder than most. Negatively, their situation may be less than desirable. Nobody is a born genius.

I kind of agree with the ending? I mean if he has this much severe mental health problems they wouldn't just go away bc his dad said sorry 😳 that would be too unrealistic , rushed and just a way to satisfy masses in my opinion . I kind of expected a worse ending for this kind of story bc its psychological and its short .
If this was liek 100 ch i would expect a happy ending since the character would have the time to recover and the author would show that .

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

damn bro rest in peace (or not)

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Damn that ending be making me relieved for a second and decided to hit me right in the solar plexus, what a turnaround and although I'm already preparing myself for it, still hits me. Is this what false hope feels like lol
Jaekhyung need friends and tons of hugs and also therapy.

Code:

A brilliant and realistic take on abuse and despair, this is a damn good read for just 31 chapters. It doesn't have the extraordinary situations like in Bastard, but I think that plays to its strength. Oh and don't get me started on the art, holy shit its pristine.

I think a lot of people feel confused at the ending, myself included, but overall a solid read if you're into psychological drama.
I'd like to hope that the anxiety of the ending just shows that although they're not out of the woods yet, things are looking up for the MC. He still has a lot of trauma to unpack and it's not something that can go away just bc his father apologized. The author in the afterward specified they wanted a happy ending which is why I'm choosing to interpret it as such. I really liked the way they represented anxiety as ants.

@Dundun123 You think the ending would make sense if it was happy? That's not how it works. Stop being a pussy and accept it. If it was sooo traumatizing, then why the fuck are you reading "psychological" and "thriller" stories. You should read romance and fluff if that's your thing.

Dex-chan lover
@xerxxxlugner I don't know if it's whether you're probably having a bad day that compelled you to pick up a random comment from a mangadex comment section to berate, or youre just naturally an asshole, but maybe read my comment again cuz I didnt say anything about it being 'traumatising'. Don't put words in my mouth, okay rando?
And if you're eager to kiss this manhwa's ass, then go right ahead. Make a shirt that says "I kiss depressing manhwa's ass". Tough titties if you don't like my comment! Go back to your dark little cave

I love this manhwa to death. I love most of the characters and the realistic portaryal of domestic abuse. I just wished the story was longer. I was looking forward to the part where
Kwon would teach and support the poor boi
but instead, there was a timeskip. It was a wasted opportunity imo.

Users who are viewing this thread