Eiyuu-ou, Bu wo Kiwameru tame Tensei su ~Soshite, Sekai Saikyou no Minarai Kishi♀~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Hmm... Excuse me, I think there is a wrong translation here. The way that other people keep calling the mc Inglis ? Cuz u know Inglis is he's old name, for me the other should call it Kriss since it's her new name in the after life. Am I right ?

I am here just for correcting things, Sorry if am making a problem here 😅

Dex-chan lover
@Nep That was just an example, isekai just means another world, any fish out of water story should logically fit there. You are talking about a specific subset of 'teenager goes to a world of swords and magic' stories, that isn't always the case, Woke up in a Starship, or even Woke up as a Starship, are isekai were the average person found themselves in a futuristic other reality/universe. On top of that, Isekai stories can go the other way around too, take a magical creature/person, and bring them to a grounded, realistic Earth.

We still have no indication that this world is the same one Chris/Inglis lived in before, only that magic works, at this point it's the same as the stories where the reincarnated Japanese kid realizes that science and technology would still work the same, if recreated. One fundamental thing is the same, but the world is different.

Dex-chan lover
@Bearil Ah, in that case it makes sense for her to "block the stamp" completely, instead of just faking a size. Thanks for sharing.

For anyone that is confused, I double checked by reading the RAW WN to be sure. MC's real name is in fact "Inglis". "Kris" seems to be a pet name or nickname. Which is why only friends call her "Kris" and in all official settings she is called "Inglis".

The manga doesn't explain it, but it's right there in chapter 1 of the novel:
どうも偶然にも、生まれ変わっても与えられた名はイングリスと言うらしい。
(Coincidentally, despite having been reborn, it seems I was once again given the name "Inglis")

Dex-chan lover
The power of ether being relatively unknown in the manga at the present suggest the knowledge about it either wasn't widely known, or not copied to a book or scroll. Losing ancient knowledge sucks.

Sometimes pet name/ nickname might not correlate with your actual name. Isn't this actually a common things? wondered why people got confused with her name. coincidentally, mine's also fall into this case

Dex-chan lover
Ah! I get why her nickname is "Kris"

Her name is Inglis
Inglis
If you sharpen your speech on the G, it can sound like a K sound. A G followed by L can blend into an R similar to English vs Engrish if your tongue rolls to much. That might be what made it turn into Kris. But it looks nicer written as Kris than "Glis"

Dex-chan lover
I like this MC very much.
She was so confident, well yeah coz she was a he and king previously.

The way she explain it, she can manipulate any artifacts at will

This manga is really cool in how it’s still fantasy but definitely shows how times have changed drastically in the future. I’ve never seen a concept like this done before

Users who are viewing this thread