Eiyuu to Kenja no Tensei Kon: Katsute no Koutekishu to Kon'yakushite Saikyou Fuufu ni Narimashita - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - The girl who leapt through time

Fed-Kun's army
This is actually more realistic than one might think imagining the scenario from a modern perspective. Feudal nations were not modern countries; they did not operate on the basis of "citizenship" but alliegance. Reid was a peasant, and would be expected to be loyal to his liegelord, who would have sworn a vow of fealty to his liege lord, so on and so forth up to the king. The modern concept of a unified state whose citizens are alike in purpose and specifically national identity only really came about during Napoleon's reign. It's what made his political upheavals and conscription so effective.

Reid might have been fighting for his comrades much more than whoever sat on the throne. In that case, destroying the empire wouldn't matter as much to him as protecting the army that he fought with.
Also, Reid was specifically trying to keep casualties in both armies to a minimum. We don't know what the war was like before Reid and Elria stepped onto the battlefield but after their rivalry started the war basically seemed to have become a stalemate, and no one could make them budge because they were so powerful.

The political leaders had enough sense of self-preservation that they didn't try to order either of them to go all out. Which went out the window the moment Elria died.

I think from the context it's likely that Altein started the war and was a warmongering nation in general. As time went on Altein's army came to be more loyal to Reid- who was the one that was preventing wholesale slaughter on the battlefield. And Reid didn't give a shit about what the nobles wanted.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, I spotted a new bakouple! And they share a good impression of Elria already.
SDl91mr.png

PGoQgC9.png

Reid's milk tea huh. :smugnako:

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't it be nice if the reason she died from having her mana taken, was because their future selves made a kid that had some bullshit "mana deficiency" illness and she decided to sacrifice her past self for her present and future happiness (present as her death was required to have them both reincarnate like this, and future as the kid would survive). Coming full circle.
*this is speculation I have not read anything about what will happen later

it feels like they are just building up that elria will use her mana from the past in the present
I hope it is, but I doubt it. Many things in the story suggests it as likely, but it would not explain the huge coverup conspiracy, and this kind of story generally wants to end up in some epic conflict with the BBEG at the end.

Also curious why her reincarnated body has her mana, if she died because it was stolen. Are there 2 elria the sage's mana now?

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't it be nice if the reason she died from having her mana taken, was because their future selves made a kid that had some bullshit "mana deficiency" illness and she decided to sacrifice her past self for her present and future happiness (present as her death was required to have them both reincarnate like this, and future as the kid would survive). Coming full circle.

I hope it is, but I doubt it. Many things in the story suggests it as likely, but it would not explain the huge coverup conspiracy, and this kind of story generally wants to end up in some epic conflict with the BBEG at the end.

Also curious why her reincarnated body has her mana, if she died because it was stolen. Are there 2 elria the sage's mana now?
I doubt there would be any "mana deficiency" in their kid. Male lead does have mana, it's just unusually dense and unsuitable to the Sage's version of magic.
She did even say that she can make a new system of magic just for him, but it'll take a lot of time.

Dex-chan lover
I doubt there would be any "mana deficiency" in their kid. Male lead does have mana, it's just unusually dense and unsuitable to the Sage's version of magic.
She did even say that she can make a new system of magic just for him, but it'll take a lot of time.
I wasn't referring to mc, I meant their future child.

Dex-chan lover
I wasn't referring to mc, I meant their future child.
Yes. Since both parents have enough mana, it is unlikely that their child would not have enough mana.
It's more likely that their child would have too much mana - another common and hard to treat sickness in fantasy world.

Dex-chan lover
Yes. Since both parents have enough mana, it is unlikely that their child would not have enough mana.
It's more likely that their child would have too much mana - another common and hard to treat sickness in fantasy world.
Was it [the amount of mana] an equation of the parentage?

And even if it was, are we certain incompatible magic-systems can't cause exceptions?

Dex-chan lover
Was it [the amount of mana] an equation of the parentage?

And even if it was, are we certain incompatible magic-systems can't cause exceptions?
We do not know the answer to both questions.
But if the author says their child doesn't have enough mana, I'm going to say that is unrealistic.

Dex-chan lover
We do not know the answer to both questions.
But if the author says their child doesn't have enough mana, I'm going to say that is unrealistic.
Right. Because mana doesn't exist in reality, right?

Dex-chan lover
Story focusing on Elira and Reid past : I Sleep

Story focusing on the side romance between Millis and Wiesel: LETS FREAKING GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
Right. Because mana doesn't exist in reality, right?
No. Mana existing is well-established in the setting.
Magical talent being heritable is also well-established by having magical lineages, not just for nobles, but also for craftsmen.
So, if main characters' child does not inherit their magic talent, it would be strange and unrealistic.

Aggregator gang
So... I assume one of the 3 side characters is the time travler but idk who tbh

Dex-chan lover
same in Haruhi... can't remember the time traveler but the premise of using time based powers is the same.

tbh, the best time based power I've seen was White Woz and his digital book.
white woz as in that guy from zio? damn this really makes me want to pick the show up again

Dex-chan lover
You know I'm all in for the side ship between Wiesel & Millis. They get along well together although one is more expressive than the other but still works out. I like how Verminan is all like "Hey guys let's get together & do well in this exam while also forget that I was disrespectful to you all on our initial encounters until I realized you are a lot stronger than I could've imagined." Thanks for the translations.
Also find it frustrating how these" all that matter is power and prestige characters" get reformed solely because someone more powerful and more prestigious beat them. Like pulling the weirdest best example out of my box, Chazz from GX didn't really actually change until he got his seemingly weak ojama cards and even then his front facing personality didn't change much and it took time.

Here it's like... what's the lesson? The only way to stop prejudiced jerks is by someone superior (based on their criteria) using physical violence on them? Or them almost dying from being an idiot and needing to get saved by said person? Would've been better if either of the side characters beat them in a fight by outsmarting them or using their unique talents or saved them.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Tiana :meguuusad:
At least she can know happy that Elria and Reid are happy together in the future

Users who are viewing this thread