Elf Tensei Kara no Cheat Kenkokuki - Vol. 2 Ch. 8.2

Group Leader
Re: the order to fire "let go"

Archer commanders used to use the command "Loose", as in to let loose and release the drawn arrows.
I believe that you're referring to Page 4?
That "Let Go" is not the signal for the archers. Rather, Cyril is literally asking that guy to let go of him.

Supporter
I believe that you're referring to Page 4?
That "Let Go" is not the signal for the archers. Rather, Cyril is literally asking that guy to let go of him.
@JACGohu is right, it should be as they say, the word in Japanese is used often for archers to “let loose” or “fire” their arrows, and based with what happens afterwards it should be obvious. Where did you get your reasoning from?

Group Leader
@JACGohu is right, it should be as they say, the word in Japanese is used often for archers to “let loose” or “fire” their arrows, and based with what happens afterwards it should be obvious. Where did you get your reasoning from?
Hmm, seems like a misinterpretation on my end, I will issue an update for that page later.
Unfortunately, my Japanese proficiency is not so good, so I heavily rely on using multiple MTL to cross-check my work, but errors might slip through the cracks. I'm really sorry about that.

Dex-chan lover
What a ridiculously useless troop of 500 men that was. Wearing armour that didn't even protect all the most important bits, no shields (even if they are over-reliant on their armour), no proper weaponry (they only had sidearms / arming swords, no polearms in sight), getting suckered right into a trap without even thinking (can only attribute that to overconfidence). Cripes. Epitome of waste.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I forgot the mc and the heroine is barely teenager. Also did that she-elf casually flirted with him? Village chief polygamy time??

Supporter
Hmm, seems like a misinterpretation on my end, I will issue an update for that page later.
Unfortunately, my Japanese proficiency is not so good, so I heavily rely on using multiple MTL to cross-check my work, but errors might slip through the cracks. I'm really sorry about that.
No worries, myquesition was to confirm if you had a reason to write the translation so (may be Imissed something since I only checked that precise dialoge), if it was valid then ok, if not then adjusting it was recommended.

Supporter
What a ridiculously useless troop of 500 men that was. Wearing armour that didn't even protect all the most important bits, no shields (even if they are over-reliant on their armour), no proper weaponry (they only had sidearms / arming swords, no polearms in sight), getting suckered right into a trap without even thinking (can only attribute that to overconfidence). Cripes. Epitome of waste.
And incompetent leadership.

Dex-chan lover
Uh huh... Looks like they're wearing plate over mail, with all the relevant bits actually covered.
That's armor where you'd need serious concussive weaponry against to even begin to make an impression. Or, of course, a crossbow or warbow with bodgkin heads.

They're up against unarmed, unarmoured farmers ( or at least they think they are..).
If you're up against unarmoured opponents with you wearing plate and mail, you only need a sword. Nearly nothing can touch you while you make mincemeat out of everything before you...

There's overconfidence and plot armour, but given their expectations, those soldiers didn't need anything more.
If they had brought even just shields the elves would have been history, even with the silly penetration power of those footbows. There would've been casualties, but the sheer mass of 500 men advancing would simply overrun the elves if they can't get one-kill shots.

The troops aren't ridiculously useless, they've simply completely underestimated their opponent, and paid the price. Golden Spur-style.

Dex-chan lover
Uh huh... Looks like they're wearing plate over mail, with all the relevant bits actually covered.
That's armor where you'd need serious concussive weaponry against to even begin to make an impression. Or, of course, a crossbow or warbow with bodgkin heads.

They're up against unarmed, unarmoured farmers ( or at least they think they are..).
If you're up against unarmoured opponents with you wearing plate and mail, you only need a sword. Nearly nothing can touch you while you make mincemeat out of everything before you...

There's overconfidence and plot armour, but given their expectations, those soldiers didn't need anything more.
If they had brought even just shields the elves would have been history, even with the silly penetration power of those footbows. There would've been casualties, but the sheer mass of 500 men advancing would simply overrun the elves if they can't get one-kill shots.

The troops aren't ridiculously useless, they've simply completely underestimated their opponent, and paid the price. Golden Spur-style.
Mmm, yeah, I'll agree on the armour bit - I didn't see it right, I guess. Reading at 2am has its disadvantages.

There's overconfidence and then plain stupidity.
Even if you think you're only going out to quell peasants, why wouldn't you bring at least one main weapon? Genuinely. It's silly to march to anything without the proper gear - if they bothered getting fully armoured, why not bring a decent weapon? Bandits and potential rebel attacks are a concern.

These troops were utterly useless as it seems that even in a real battle they wouldn't bother wielding anything worth using in a fight because their belief in their "impenetrable" armour prevents them from making rational decisions.

Group Leader
I like how you guys are talking as if you are some army commander for your own countries XD
I'm not even surprised if some of you even run a gun store, judging by how you guys discuss about the armour and the weapons in such great detail lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Mmm, yeah, I'll agree on the armour bit - I didn't see it right, I guess. Reading at 2am has its disadvantages.

There's overconfidence and then plain stupidity.
Even if you think you're only going out to quell peasants, why wouldn't you bring at least one main weapon? Genuinely. It's silly to march to anything without the proper gear - if they bothered getting fully armoured, why not bring a decent weapon? Bandits and potential rebel attacks are a concern.

These troops were utterly useless as it seems that even in a real battle they wouldn't bother wielding anything worth using in a fight because their belief in their "impenetrable" armour prevents them from making rational decisions.
Those were likely not even soldiers, but conscripts. The one saying he had heard the armor was impenetrable implied he had never used said armor and only be told about it. Its only been 20 days, moving proper forces to a remote village takes time. Most likely a local noble rounded up men in a rush just for numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread