Empress's Harem - Ch. 11

I really hope this is our true ml, he’s so cute and fierce. I hope he can be the support our girl needs. Thank you for the chapter!:)

I love this guy! Fuck the drama of all the other harem members, cancel them and bring in new boys. Green hair would be good if he really does care about her, but he seems kinda susssss like he doesn't

I still hope Green-hair is the main love interest.

I've seen what happens in a 'true harem' story, and it isn't pretty. It's only purpose is to get fans to start shipping wars, while ignoring the actual drawbacks to a harem (infighting, jealousy, etc.). Let's face it: no one actually wants to be a member of a harem/reverse harem. You'd spend your days devoted to someone who will never return your devotion, leaving you in constant fear of loosing the person you hold so dear.
While it is possible that this story will go down the "I love all of you equally"/"I just can't choose" route, however unrealistic that is, it is an ending that will always be the one most poorly received by fans. That is the reason why there is usually a main love interest, even in mass-produced, dime-a-dozen harems. It's far less of a disappointment when you know who the MC is going to chose in the end, even if they aren't your favorite character.
It'd also be troubling in this specific scenario. The MC is obviously going to bring all of these guys into her home, that much we know already. However, she is a modern person in ancient times - one who was recently heartbroken when her fiance left her for another woman. Out of anyone, you'd think she'd sympathize the most with plight of someone who is in a harem. Her husband, Green-hair, is evidently the only one in her harem that is truly cares for her, even if she refuses to sleep with him. He's consistently on her side, protecting her whenever possible, and is the one comforting her when she is upset. He even lets her go out (despite her 'amnesia'). All he asks is that she not visit the 'fireworks areas' (a.k.a. the whorehouse/red light district/brothel), which, given the context, is essentially him asking that she not cheat on him/bring someone new home. Yet, here she is... demanding that a guy she just met - who clearly doesn't want to go with her - not only go home with her, but also devote his life to her (which he takes as a marriage proposal).

Can you imagine things going well when she returns home?!

Users who are viewing this thread