Ending Maker

Dex-chan lover
The faces ugh, I know it's intentional to make it less 'generic' but out of the multiple artists only like one did it well. The rest looks really fucked up, especially when contrasted with the top tier bodies, backgrounds, etc. basically everything else.

Dex-chan lover
For all the potential, it is sad how gthe author shits on Cornillia. This story is about the MC and useless comic relief character that MC throws a bone to once a blue moon. Which is kind of sad cause everything else is pretty great, just pretending Cornellia is #2 and not some noob with talent is a hard stretch

The author literally makes it on purpose that she cant do anything right so MC can steal all her scenes and MC then gives her a good effort award for polishing his shoes and pretend she is useful

Contributor
For all the potential, it is sad how gthe author shits on Cornillia. This story is about the MC and useless comic relief character that MC throws a bone to once a blue moon. Which is kind of sad cause everything else is pretty great, just pretending Cornellia is #2 and not some noob with talent is a hard stretch

The author literally makes it on purpose that she cant do anything right so MC can steal all her scenes and MC then gives her a good effort award for polishing his shoes and pretend she is useful
Maybe it looks like this yeah, but not to this extent.

They just have different kinds of talent : more theoric one and more practical one.

Dex-chan lover

They just have different kinds of talent : more theoric one and more practical one.
The MC is clearly superior in both theoratical and practical, he is just handy capped by the weakened body. To be even number 10 on a server you need both let alone number 2. Unless you are a paid to win player.

But the point is the author doesnt give her even 1 scene to shine. She is like his pet. The MC doesnt even tell her the full plan many times even in situations their life is at stake.

even th 1 scene she was suppose to shine gets stolen
When she gets witch power, she could use ANY spell. They might not be witch spells but all her spells are amplified. Instead she fails, and MC gets the witch power and uses a skill totally not compatible with witches power to defeat the demon. Like are you serious?

Even hearing the voice stuff, MC was like oh I could hear it too but ill throw you a bone and pretend I dont

Is it really that hard to give her a scene once in a while to shine?

Dex-chan lover
It's bad, realy bad... The two should have the exact same level since their score in the game is near identical but Cordelia is useless. And on top of this the author made her stupid as hell, not a single time did she come up with any plan, and even when she follow MC's plan she still is just a sidekick and he do everything... When she actualy do something it's just the MC that let her do it because he is sooooooooooooooo cool...

The author literaly say at the start that MC only got 1st by being a RP fan and hunting lore when Cordelia became seconde only by fighting monster. This mean she was a pro at this and she was realy good at clearing dungeon and fighting boss.
But every single time something happen she is only follow what MC say. It's apaling how obvious it is that the story is made to make the MC look good and Cordelia just a waifu with big boobs that cant do anything without MC.
Seriously, she is suposedly the best at fighting boss but she never did anything without MC telling her. The author make her totaly stupid to the point where only MC know about the game and is the one that always tell her what they will do next.

The more time pass and the more i'm disgusted by how every Korean and Chinese story targeted toward dude make all the women just total idiot. What's with these country? Do they have such small d that they need to compensate this much?
Even in the worst Japanese isekai harem there are good female charcter...

So much potential wasted to please these "self insert"...

Dex-chan lover

She is suposed to have more practical skill, but in every single fight all she did was follow what MC say, and she regulary fail to even just do this. If she realy had skill befitting of the second only by focusing on fight she should be the one doing all the tactics and leading the fight.
She should at least be capable of fighting at least as well as MC, since MC is literaly sick and she is totaly healthy.

Contributor
She is suposed to have more practical skill, but in every single fight all she did was follow what MC say, and she regulary fail to even just do this. If she realy had skill befitting of the second only by focusing on fight she should be the one doing all the tactics and leading the fight.
She should at least be capable of fighting at least as well as MC, since MC is literaly sick and she is totaly healthy.
Yes, I agree.

The more time pass and the more i'm disgusted by how every Korean and Chinese story targeted toward dude make all the women just total idiot. What's with these country? Do they have such small d that they need to compensate this much?
Even in the worst Japanese isekai harem there are good female charcter...
I don't think Japanese manga are better. These countries are very patriarchal, because in part of confucianism (I think).

And I swear garbage stories and wasted potential are present everywhere.

If you want a good manhwa without the trop "all women are idiot to make guys feel superior" you can read The Golden-Haired Elementalist.

Btw, if you look closely you can see that in Japan (in real life), girls are always putting themselves down where there are guys to make the guys feel good and superior. That's horrible.
In Korean stories, if you have a powerful and independent FL, if she enters a straight romance she becomes submissive to the ML. Like she can not chose her goals in life anymore and don't know how to live and make decision alone.

Dex-chan lover
In Korean stories, if you have a powerful and independent FL, if she enters a straight romance she becomes submissive to the ML. Like she can not chose her goals in life anymore and don't know how to live and make decision alone.
This is something that make me crazy. I love reading all kind of story, but EVERY time i find a good Korean romance the female always end up like a idiot bimbo only used as some kind of trophy.
Even in their equivalent of "shojo" the female MC regulary end up acting weirdly submissive or end up in love with some fucker that treat them like shit.

The reason i said that some Japanese story where better is that you can relatively easily find realy good female character even in basic harem story.
I wish we would get more character like Rias Gremory, Rory Mercury, Motoko Kusanagi or Yona from Akatsuki no Yona.

As for IRL Japan their issue is not only that a lot of female are puting themself as "below" men, it's that their entire socity is so "strict" in the wrong aspect. It push Men and Women to fit extremely specific role and every person that derail from it is seen as marginal. So women have a hard time getting rid of the old "submissive woman that should do all she can to make her housband happy" and men have a hard time getting rid of the "a man should provide everything for his family and die of overwork". Sadly these thing creat "rift" between people and make it hard for them to cooperate to make things better.

I have gone slightly sidetracked, to go back on track. GIVE US REAL FEMALE CHARACTER FOR GOD SAKE!

Dex-chan lover

"stop it, yuder and cordelia. landius' death is canon."
Spider-Man-2099-Across-the-Spider-Verse.jpg

I doubt the translators will see this but the name of the ML is Jude, since it comes from the german name Jude wich is pronounced "Yudah", the light novel translator made this fix at about the half of the LN

Dex-chan lover
Bro as a novel reader (I've read it twice in English and Spanish, then as audio novel again so 3 times with all bonus chapters and the extra stories) I can guarantee you all most of the people commenting here are barely based on the smallest fraction of the story which is the initial arc and the escape to the frontier arc.

While some of your points are valid, considering what we've seen so far, they aren't completely true:

First of all let's talk about the protagonists which aren't equal in the sense you all may expect:

JUDE AND CORDELIA AREN'T THE SAME BUT BOTH ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO STAND SIDE BY SIDE

1. Jude Bayer is a swordman in essence, but in actuality a fighter. Both as a character and as a gamer (Kang Jinho was specialized in pvp in game) his modus operandi is think first/formulate a plan then put it to action.

He has a prodigial memory and brain that will put any knowledge and strategy to good use. For that reason he stored an unbelievable ammount of knowledge of the game in his head (amongst other things related to his irl work).

So of course he will be more proficient in one on one fights than Cordelia. Who will look like a damsel in distress at first in such situations. During this initial arc (which is finishing at the frontier) they will be attacked by monters and demonic humans specialized in close combat.

However once the Wild Lands arc begings they will be facing many enemies that attack and act in an overwhelming manner.

2. Codelia Chase is a mage. At the beginning she is the most capable of the two because Jude's cheonmujiche (illness that blocks the yin energy flowing through the meridians, energy nodes of the body in an spiritual net similar to how the nervous system works in the physical body).

Yes she seems to be weaker than Jude in a one on one fight against physical combatants because she is a mage.

I see people nagging about them not being equally as strong. You guys are so WRONG:

Cordelia is a MAGE (again) who specialized in aoe attacks. Meanwhile Hong Yoo Hee (the human from earth) was a pve player (unlike Kang Jinho who was a pvp player). Then if a swordsman appears who do you think would shine the most? Jude or Cordelia. Come on people.

BUT likewise what happens when an enemy so huge to be considered a raid boss appears?
What happens when an enemy specialized in ranged attacks appear?
What happens when a flying enemy appears?
What happens when a horde of enemies appears?

Guess who will shine then? See, here is the thing, once the Wild Lands arc begins, Cordelia will seem stronger than Jude.

THEY DON'T ACTUALLY STAND ON THE OTHER'S WAY. ON THE CONTRARY THEY COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER

Second, about the actual power levels. Jude and Cordelia are one upping each other throughout the story in levels, power ups, equipment, battles, situations. The thing is, both are strong and weak in opposition to the other. So they completely complement each other.

We haven't seen the best fights yet but they will be so intelligent you will wonder why other authors won't work a couple dynamic more often in manhwa.

Also I've yet to find a more balanced couple in manhwa than this right here. Both in terms of power and romance. It's a shame this isn't done often.

CORDELIA IS NOT AN IDIOT OR THE #2 FOR THE PLOT ONLY

About the game rankings: Jude has explained in the novels there are several ways to get scores in the actual Legend of heroes 2 MMO. One is by completing quests, pvp, boss battles and events that you can solo even on MP. They require a vast knowledge of the game and skill to make them faster than others. The other (which is the one Hong Yoo Hee uses and require more skill than strategy) is by completing fights, horde quests and events, boss raid events and optional bosses.

This is why Cordelia is #2 in the entire game and not because she is dumb or unskilled. In fact Jude admits in the pve rankings Cordelia is #1 in the entire game. Just overall she is #2.

Actually the only reason she loses against Jude is because he plays more. He has a lot of free time meanwhile she has irl stuff to do like school and exams.

Her memory is not great as Jude's but she's surprised Jude several times in the story and while her memory is not on par with him, her instinct is way above his reach. She will solve situations and fights Jude couldn't. In a way she is superior to him so that's that.

I RECOMMEND IT

Ending Maker is a unique story, romantic like few, surprisingly sweet and funny love story. Unique isekai with two protagonists where the heroes will use everything at their disposal to ruin the plans of the bad guys. Yes it has its flaws which I see many people exaggerate in this thread (but again seeing as only the first arc is available it's kind of understandable in some cases) but the pros overwhelm the cons in my opinion.

P.D. the art is actually good. I'm tired of the generic shoujo manhwa faces or the solo leveling faces in manhwa. So this is some breath of fresh air to the media. Plus the additions by the manga artist like the references to other works of pop culture is great!

Bro as a novel reader (I've read it twice in English and Spanish, then as audio novel again so 3 times with all bonus chapters and the extra stories) I can guarantee you all most of the people commenting here are barely based on the smallest fraction of the story which is the initial arc and the escape to the frontier arc.

While some of your points are valid, considering what we've seen so far, they aren't completely true:

First of all let's talk about the protagonists which aren't equal in the sense you all may expect:

JUDE AND CORDELIA AREN'T THE SAME BUT BOTH ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO STAND SIDE BY SIDE

1. Jude Bayer is a swordman in essence, but in actuality a fighter. Both as a character and as a gamer (Kang Jinho was specialized in pvp in game) his modus operandi is think first/formulate a plan then put it to action.

He has a prodigial memory and brain that will put any knowledge and strategy to good use. For that reason he stored an unbelievable ammount of knowledge of the game in his head (amongst other things related to his irl work).

So of course he will be more proficient in one on one fights than Cordelia. Who will look like a damsel in distress at first in such situations. During this initial arc (which is finishing at the frontier) they will be attacked by monters and demonic humans specialized in close combat.

However once the Wild Lands arc begings they will be facing many enemies that attack and act in an overwhelming manner.

2. Codelia Chase is a mage. At the beginning she is the most capable of the two because Jude's cheonmujiche (illness that blocks the yin energy flowing through the meridians, energy nodes of the body in an spiritual net similar to how the nervous system works in the physical body).

Yes she seems to be weaker than Jude in a one on one fight against physical combatants because she is a mage.

I see people nagging about them not being equally as strong. You guys are so WRONG:

Cordelia is a MAGE (again) who specialized in aoe attacks. Meanwhile Hong Yoo Hee (the human from earth) was a pve player (unlike Kang Jinho who was a pvp player). Then if a swordsman appears who do you think would shine the most? Jude or Cordelia. Come on people.

BUT likewise what happens when an enemy so huge to be considered a raid boss appears?
What happens when an enemy specialized in ranged attacks appear?
What happens when a flying enemy appears?
What happens when a horde of enemies appears?

Guess who will shine then? See, here is the thing, once the Wild Lands arc begins, Cordelia will seem stronger than Jude.

THEY DON'T ACTUALLY STAND ON THE OTHER'S WAY. ON THE CONTRARY THEY COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER

Second, about the actual power levels. Jude and Cordelia are one upping each other throughout the story in levels, power ups, equipment, battles, situations. The thing is, both are strong and weak in opposition to the other. So they completely complement each other.

We haven't seen the best fights yet but they will be so intelligent you will wonder why other authors won't work a couple dynamic more often in manhwa.

Also I've yet to find a more balanced couple in manhwa than this right here. Both in terms of power and romance. It's a shame this isn't done often.

CORDELIA IS NOT AN IDIOT OR THE #2 FOR THE PLOT ONLY

About the game rankings: Jude has explained in the novels there are several ways to get scores in the actual Legend of heroes 2 MMO. One is by completing quests, pvp, boss battles and events that you can solo even on MP. They require a vast knowledge of the game and skill to make them faster than others. The other (which is the one Hong Yoo Hee uses and require more skill than strategy) is by completing fights, horde quests and events, boss raid events and optional bosses.

This is why Cordelia is #2 in the entire game and not because she is dumb or unskilled. In fact Jude admits in the pve rankings Cordelia is #1 in the entire game. Just overall she is #2.

Actually the only reason she loses against Jude is because he plays more. He has a lot of free time meanwhile she has irl stuff to do like school and exams.

Her memory is not great as Jude's but she's surprised Jude several times in the story and while her memory is not on par with him, her instinct is way above his reach. She will solve situations and fights Jude couldn't. In a way she is superior to him so that's that.

I RECOMMEND IT

Ending Maker is a unique story, romantic like few, surprisingly sweet and funny love story. Unique isekai with two protagonists where the heroes will use everything at their disposal to ruin the plans of the bad guys. Yes it has its flaws which I see many people exaggerate in this thread (but again seeing as only the first arc is available it's kind of understandable in some cases) but the pros overwhelm the cons in my opinion.

P.D. the art is actually good. I'm tired of the generic shoujo manhwa faces or the solo leveling faces in manhwa. So this is some breath of fresh air to the media. Plus the additions by the manga artist like the references to other works of pop culture is great!
This one people, don't read ANY other comments, this one is legit, the others skim the damn story and call bloody murder so just disregard their 1s and 0s

Dex-chan lover
This one people, don't read ANY other comments, this one is legit, the others skim the damn story and call bloody murder so just disregard their 1s and 0s
"everyone who disagree with me is wrong" is not an argument you know?
As of the point in the story where the other and me wrote our coms the girls was utterly useless and always shown as being dumb, to the point she could not do basic things any gamer could do, and all these basics things she could not do were done by the dude.

Users who are viewing this thread