Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary on the Villainess

Aggregator gang
I've realized that a big thing this is missing is an indicator of which commentator is talking in each speech bubble. Reading the web novel I realized that Endou is the one giving the passionate commentary, not Kobayashi who is clearly more enthusiastic about the whole thing. I would have had no idea otherwise, since I didn't really get difference between color commentary and play-by-play. Kind of weird, even though I know they're doing that because they're actually practicing for live commentary.

@IkarusX86 assuming the translators don't drop it, which seems to happen quite a bit with these things. I (usually) wait until a series I'm interested in has at least 9-10 chapters before I read it because I'm so used to seeing them get like 3 to 7 out and then nothing for months or years.

Group Leader
@Keansor
Yeah, I realized fairly early on whilst translating that a lot of people don't actually understand the terms Play-By-Play and Colour Commentary, especially people outside Commonwealth regions. But it's too late to change now and I'm too stubborn/lazy anyways.

It's much easier to tell who is speaking in Japanese (outside of the obvious difference in energy of their commentary) thanks to masculine/feminine pronouns, but a good way to tell in English are the names that are being used. Endo always uses the normal names of characters (apart from Sieg for some reason), whilst Kobayashi is always using nicknames (Rize-tan, Finne-chan, Baru, etc). I've toyed with the ideas of using different fonts to distinguish between the commentators, and I might do that if people are actually getting confused.

Aggregator gang
@Amarrez
Makes sense, I didn't consider the gender-specific pronouns Japan uses and how that'd make the distinction pretty obvious in Japanese. The different fonts would probably clear that up, though I haven't the faintest idea what fonts would fit.

Group Leader
There won't be any new chapter this month since the raws are on break, in case anyone was wondering. Next chapter on December 5th.

Thank you so much for translating !!
My heart cant take all the cute overload (T^T)/ 😘 YOU SEXY TRANSLATOOOOOOORSSSSS

Contributor
I'm a bit surprised to find this isn't dumb comfort-food. Though I'm not sure what it is instead, yet.

So far it's an interesting mash-up of different genres and the tropes that go with them (and I'm not even sure it's done adding to them). Particularly, the scenes in the "game's" world and the scenes in the "real" world seem to be adhering somewhat to different genre conventions. Endo and Kobayashi's relationship feels like something plucked from some of the classier breeds of seinen romance. Meanwhile Liselotte is fulfilling the isekai-ish comedic sympathetic shoujo villainess-role to a T and that setting is going through the trials and tribulations of game-plot-run-amok that we've come to expect...

And unlike everything else in the latter genre, it sort of looks like what the heck is going on (why game characters are "living" an autonomous real life in their own world) is actually going to be an up-front-and-center element of the plot.

Group Leader
@AMicrowave
The novel is currently being completed by another group, I'm not doing any novel translations at the moment.

Dex-chan lover
is there a story where the MC is a fangirl of the love-rival x capture target pairing? like fiancee's observation log, but the MC isn't a love-rival herself but the supposed to be heroine or the game/novel MC...

Dex-chan lover
Hey this is already a huge hit but re-reading it this is something special. Siegward is a genuinely cool dude who I've really enjoyed watching, and the story between Endo and Kobayashi is also emotionally powerful and heartwarming. I hope the manga is as loved over in Japan as it is here, because this is the sort of game crossover thing I'd love to see a lot of.

Users who are viewing this thread