Enough with This Slow Life! I Was Reincarnated as a High Elf and Now I’m Bored - Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
Why are you like this???

Also, it feels so weird someone saying "I'll stay for 10-20 years" as if it's a week long vacation lol
Well... he's a high elf who spent a century doing nothing. 10-20 years is like a weekend to him :meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
I guess that's the side effect nigh immortality, you are always painfully reminded that unless you off yourself, you're probably gonna outlive everyone you know and love and end up alone... And you also probably have a hard time adapting to changing times since the world you live in is vastly different to the one you once knew. I dunno, am talking out of my ass at this point, tho it would be interesting to see him really having a romantic relationship just to time tear them apart (not saying it would be fun to see it, just interesting to see how the author would portray such happening in his life and how Aesir could deal with the grief).

Dex-chan lover
20 chapters later and I still can’t get over how misleading the title is… I mean, it’s accurate, but reminiscent of a lot of inferior paint-by-numbers stories

Dex-chan lover
This is one of the few manga where you don't curse the onion ninjas, but simply bare your chest and shout "Come at me, you bastards!!! I can take you!!"

And lose... Again..

Dex-chan lover
Sigh, I love this manga so much. It's safe to say it's been my favourite since I found it. I can't wait for this to be animated down the line… I'm happy that it seems he's going to be there for at least a decade, though Kaeha deserves so much more. This next arc is going to be intensely bittersweet.

Dex-chan lover
this series never give useless explaination. honestly this doesnt feel like isekai at all. no OP skill, no OP item, no useless text explaining them. it's about events unfolding. every chapter has satisfying conclusion. not cliffhanger shit.

Dex-chan lover
I really love how the author captured the time scale of Aesir's life... blink once and a decade had gone by, blink twice and half your friends are dead. The bittersweetness of immortality...
Yeah, I was just thinking that. I’ve never read anything with this perspective on immortality; the way decades pass in an eyeblink for Aesir and he has to make an active effort to remember to check in with his friends or they’ll be dead, the way he makes casual plans that’ll take a century or two and frets he doesn’t know what to do afterwards. He actually comes across as completely disconnected from time and it makes him sorta alien, it’s very cool.

this series never give useless explaination. honestly this doesnt feel like isekai at all. no OP skill, no OP item, no useless text explaining them. it's about events unfolding. every chapter has satisfying conclusion. not cliffhanger shit.
Setuju

Dex-chan lover
Binge read all this. It's definitely good, but I don't get why it has the suggestive tag. :pepehmm:

The only reason I'd want immortality is to be able to see the end of the world. And maybe accumulate knowledge and wisdom until then.

Contributor
Binge read all this. It's definitely good, but I don't get why it has the suggestive tag. :pepehmm:

The only reason I'd want immortality is to be able to see the end of the world. And maybe accumulate knowledge and wisdom until then.
I quite literally said the same thing just mins ago, then I went back and saw some nipples on the naked slave elves.

Aggregator gang
This manga really is painful to read. The inevitability of life is far too painful. I almost don't want to keep reading in hopes that'll keep all these characters alive. I'm literally tearing up typing this.

Group Leader
All of the other people he met drying his travels are going to die before he notices at this rate. The spymaster has got the be pretty old at this point; the other blacksmith had got to be in or near 50, the lass from the grain region too.

Users who are viewing this thread