Epic of Gilgamesh

Group Leader
Important Note: We are dropping Epic of Gilgamesh as we’ve been made aware that it is now being released officially in English at https://www.lezhin.com/en/comic/gilgamesh_en. Feel free to read Gilgamesh there and show your support for the creator, Hwan Daeng. As it is a weekly release, it should catch up to Chapter 152 in 2 years and 9 months. It’s been fun folks!

Group Leader
That would a long wait man.
Thanks for all the work that your team has done till now. ?

It's kind of sad that Gilgamesh had to have THAT kind of happy ending to his story. He really fucking deserved some kind of ending with Stella or even Tludia with that kind of ending I don't even wanna read the rest of the story they have setup cause it just feels like I'm betraying The original MC.

the mc is...... then done, dont even go with another story with another mc or just make it mc to mc to mc and another mc...lol

The first season was amazing, then de side story start and well, i'm just going to drop ot.

I wish they have some plot twist at the end. A plot twist that is something along the lines of:

Ram returning back from that hell-hole after (omitted) years. With long hair, his hand appears from the edge of the world, remembering the past, reminiscing...

Not worth reading since when you get to the Cult touble makers you find out this loser doesn't kill them but instead he allows them to fester and grow by teaching them while fighting them as they try to capture him. Its understandable why he doesn't want to extringuish the small lifes but by failing to do so he allows even more life to be extinguished by them because he took the time to teach them.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

What happened to all the chapters? They were in the middle of the side stories already.

Dex-chan lover
Just thought about this series again, sad that they went the side-story route in the end. Seemed like there were still a bunch of plot threads they could've went with for the main series, but oh well.

This manga is almost perfect in my eyes. I just wish the author went another way with the knights, they seem too numerous and inhuman to exist, and it just aggravates me to no end that the knights are this invincible, untouchable entity that completely fucks with the plot whenever they appear on the enemy side, and the only way they are defeated is by using another knight, or a technicality. It doesn't help that they are dime a dozen for the enemies, and an arm and a leg for the protags. That being said, I always enjoy immortal protagonists and their philosophies and motives, and the way the knights are executed is decent at worst, even if they seem too perfect to exist in such high numbers.
tl;dr manga good, but enemy knights are too perfect

Apologies for my last comment. It seems like my memories were a bit skewed during the time I last commented, in reality, the knights are far more human and vulnerable than I previously thought, but still a bit too invincible to be as prevalent as they are, i mean a 1 in 100 million chance during a non-modern time and there are two of them fighting? I'm not buying it. Still, the manga handles tension and everything else really well, so I still highly recommend it.

Wow, I've never done three in a row, though it makes sense foe how popular this manga is. Its a shame, really. Not many manga have immortal characters much less main characters, so it's refreshing to see one, much less one that executes it as well as this does. I love how this manga does most things, its twists, its secrets, and everything else, it has some of the most amazing characters i've seen, and it doesn't leave you with all the answers, except the knowledge that everyone involved had a happy ending.

Dex-chan lover
The worst execution of an immortal I've ever read. Everything in both the plot and world is related to him, and he actively leaves every situation the second it gets unpleasant for him. The few times he stays, he actively makes things worse. He won't explain even the most basic parts of his plans, and actively lies to the people around him even when he doesn't need to. The only reason he sticks around is that Trudia looks like his dead wife and he wants to prove that he can cure her. The only time he shows genuine kindness to others beyond that is when he has already formed a personal relationship with them. This all might be a nice setup if he were to then through his new experiences change and want to help people or foster new connections, except that just... Doesn't happen.

I instead recommend "To You, the Immortal".

Users who are viewing this thread