Ernak - Ch. 6

Sounds like he's going to turn evil anyways. MC was able to prevent the first path but that was only with previous knowledge. Seems like it's just the kid's nature

Double-page supporter
Rather than nature, I think it is that the kid's experiences aimed him toward destructive paths. Telling someone the words they want to hear is not sufficient to change the trajectory of a life, I think.

@SoloSera You may not be able to imagine it but people who have never once heard praise in their life and were even becoming criminal burst out in tears and apologize if you give them even the slightest SINCERE comforting/praise and years later despite being harassed and ignored just as badly they will say that these words are the exact reason they did not go down that path again. A doctor I knewwho had to deal with these people used to tell me all about them

Double-page supporter
@mmerijn I believe that people will attribute changes to such words. However, those words may come with other events or changes. I think the words they receive serve as a mental representation of this series of events/changes. Based on the compacting that memory does, I don't place complete faith in self-reported reasons for change. That said, setting up a longitudinal study for this would be exceedingly difficult and almost entirely subjective.

Power Uploader
I'm thinking less evil, more protective yandere-like feelings for his big bro, who would otherwise find himself in a standard Isekai harem because he can't not be nice to everyone he comes across.

Users who are viewing this thread