Erotic × Anabolic - Vol. 3 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
I've seen a decent amount of Achumuchi's works and they've always been exaggerated but this chapter took it to another level. The mangaka really took a physical hourglass, traced it, and calls it day. The only explaination for such egregious body proportions is that this is Itsuha's body dysmorphia on display. Cause this would be what she would consider a perfectly lewd body that she's actively trying to achieve. We saw how unhealthy her mindset is when she saw how she looked in the mirror. Hoping that issue gets tackled more soon. Thanks for the translation as always, cant be easy cause every chapter has so much dialogue

Dex-chan lover
Going to keep reading but kinda disappointed by the lack of any direction towards what she is doing being bad, besides that one mirror scene awhile back.
Like all the characters keep calling her erotic but at this point she feels weird to see.

Dex-chan lover
I've seen a decent amount of Achumuchi's works and they've always been exaggerated but this chapter took it to another level. The mangaka really took a physical hourglass, traced it, and calls it day. The only explaination for such egregious body proportions is that this is Itsuha's body dysmorphia on display. Cause this would be what she would consider a perfectly lewd body that she's actively trying to achieve. We saw how unhealthy her mindset is when she saw how she looked in the mirror. Hoping that issue gets tackled more soon. Thanks for the translation as always, cant be easy cause every chapter has so much dialogue
I feel the same, some other poster in a previous chapter tried to say it's just how the artist is drawing, but it doesn't make sense given there's normal proportioned females in the whole manga.

Dex-chan lover
If anyone is interested in mobility, proper form, training, pain relief from certain movements check out Squat University on YT.

Their shorts and long videos are great resource for anyone either curious or actively looking to improve their posture or relieve pain from poor mobility/flexibility.

Dex-chan lover
I feel the same, some other poster in a previous chapter tried to say it's just how the artist is drawing, but it doesn't make sense given there's normal proportioned females in the whole manga.
The reason why I say this is because their other erotic works feature the same body figure. Massive tits, extremely small torso, huge hips with no curvature resembling anything natural.

If you take a look at the dysmorphia chapter you'll notice that in that even if she sees herself as ugly, she's still proportioned properly.

Dex-chan lover
I would be okay with the annoying character leaving forever and ceasing to break up the main characters dynamic.

Dex-chan lover
rn i see very less "no, step on me" comments, so...

dgs-tgaa.gif

Dex-chan lover
That would be me, and the entire time I was reading the first half of this chapter it felt like the author addressing you people that don't seem to understand perspective, lol.

Dex-chan lover
So, I've been working on learning to draw, and while I still struggle with anatomy, this series continues to baffle me.
The red is the contours that the manga uses for the figure, note how it's mostly sharp angles, even with a thin hourglass, there is a slight slope at the connection of the hips and abdomen.
It was probably a muscle group mentioned earlier, but I still suck at remembering names for muscle groups, going off of google searches for muscle groups, I think the one I'm talking about is the Inner Abdominal Oblique?
What I'm trying to say is that there aren't sharp angles in the skin and muscle of a body unless it's meant to bend that way, such as the inner part of the elbow, or your armpit.

DWa4Z4g.png

Dex-chan lover
So, I've been working on learning to draw, and while I still struggle with anatomy, this series continues to baffle me.
The red is the contours that the manga uses for the figure, note how it's mostly sharp angles, even with a thin hourglass, there is a slight slope at the connection of the hips and abdomen.
It was probably a muscle group mentioned earlier, but I still suck at remembering names for muscle groups, going off of google searches for muscle groups, I think the one I'm talking about is the Inner Abdominal Oblique?
What I'm trying to say is that there aren't sharp angles in the skin and muscle of a body unless it's meant to bend that way, such as the inner part of the elbow, or your armpit.

DWa4Z4g.png
And as they addressed in this chapter, it's all in the perspective. It's the Milo Manara Spiderwoman all over again.

Dex-chan lover
And as they addressed in this chapter, it's all in the perspective. It's the Milo Manara Spiderwoman all over again.
I'm not saying that isn't a factor, I'm just trying to explain why it feels so off to me.

Dex-chan lover
It wasn't you
Probably me? I usually never argue about the same topic since it's a waste of time and also tiring.

As the other person has already said though, author has spent like the entire half of the chapter to explain how perspective makes the difference... and even then it's been set on stone that Itsuha's ideal body is something even the characters in the series calls "outrageous" so ragging on and on about how the "proportions doesn't make sense" just becomes white noise to me... Also helps when you have the mindset of "this is just fiction no need to be nitpicky about certain things... especially as someone who's consuming the product illegally".

Like people always complain about Sakimichan's art having "terrible proportion" but the fans don't really care about that and care more about the sexy art...

Dex-chan lover
Like people always complain about Sakimichan's art having "terrible proportion" but the fans don't really care about that and care more about the sexy art...
Sounds like haters, cause those proportions exist irl. IG has easiest examples.

Dex-chan lover
Sounds like haters, cause those proportions exist irl. IG has easiest examples.
Just some while ago I saw a guy with very similar to Itsuha's(bottom) figure floating around twitter. It is pretty rare to see people with such gaps in proporions between waist and buttocks though and can see why people might assume its unrealistic.

Users who are viewing this thread