Escape of the Duke’s Heartbroken Daughter - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

@Istvan90623 Then monarchies in general must be a totally fictional concept in that case. But these are the rules that come with monarchies, and this is a real rule people have to follow so just acknowledge it . You want to blame other aspects of the writing later with the fantasy and wizards and what not that's fine, but this is actually something when it comes to insulting royalty, it's an acknowledged part of the baggage, hence why I specifically said this time in regards to this specific instance.

Man, poor Leila... why is she surrounded by @ssholes who have no sympathy for her? I wish she could just run off with her maid, damn it...

Dex-chan lover
@KrimzonHawka In these stories, there are so many asspulls when it comes to monarchy, which is only partially true. While they do were the top dogs, in reality, most monarchies had barely any real power beside their name, and they were heavily reliant on their vassals and their actual movement of space were rather tight. 90% of these stories, they are depicted as something untouchable, unmovable, etc, while that was barely the case. There's already so many stretches in these stories compared to reality, one or two more wouldn't be that big of a thing, but would help the overall story to break out the cliche mode. This is one of that.

@Istvan90623 Look all I'm saying it you can't use the contradiction of her behavior to her parents to the prince and her sister to make it just seem like illogical bad writing. It's a totally different circumstance that has a logical reason behind it if you simply think about it. I don't even need to be from the real world to know generally not to insult your countries leading government figures, especially directly to their faces however unreasonable they may seem. Even in those powerless monarchies a decorum of respect and tradition demands proper behavior in front of them because they are a symbol of the nation. And in all cases/stories that demand for respect and proper decorum happens, whether or not the characters choose to defy it is up to them (May I Ask for One Final Thing? would be up your alley if that's what you're looking for) but the understanding is that there are usually obvious consequences as well that they have to deal with if they do. In which case I'm not gonna hold her holding her tongue against her as bad writing or blame it as a cliche weak character moment when it's just about common sense that most people would follow in this context. Cause they generally don't want to go to jail usually.

i am going to roar in anger cannot believe these shit characters

I really want to punch rose's face and the crown prince. Well i hope the payback/revenge arc later is worth it.

tenor.gif

NGL the first two chapters made me wamt to hurl some covid to the peachy sister and scumbag prince.

@Shadowhawkstar the prince is NOT stereotypical guy who can't express himself and you will definitely find out what I mean later. That is a bash of the prince not defense of him.

This is kind of random but I often found it odd when certain title's had the works " duke's daughter" in them but then I realise that I didn't really know any words that were the equivalent of prince or princess but were specifically for the children of dukes or any other kinds of nobles.

lmao i dont usually brand this type of character as much but

bitch. fucking bitch

Users who are viewing this thread