Ester de Valonia

Wait it says second volume? Is it coming out as a separate manga? Like the one with the isekai book chick did

Edit: can’t seem to find anything online about it being axed, and there’s still stuff talking about volume 2 so idk

@Heck493
There is so much wrong with your thinking... Azuciel didn't direct his comments to me so I shouldn't respond to him? Guess you shouldn't respond to my comments then either. Great, conversations over, you can stop commenting now. Or thats how chats work and you can use it as it was intended without the dismissive comments you keep using.

Azuciel along with other users used Overlord as a reference to the quality of this manga, I just happened to use Azuciel as a response because he was the last one to mention it so it wasn't directed at him personally, just continuing the conversation. My point was that Overlord was not a good reference as it a bad manga. I didn't bad mouth him or put him down, unlike the 3 who responded to my comments, but I guess I am the one raging and not you 3 who dismiss and put down others when the comments don't align with your tastes.

Fed-Kun's army
Overlord with a more interesting main character with actual flaws and room for character development where he actually changes in any way over the course of a manga, and with cuter girls.
Alas, we hardly knew ye.

We can at least hope that someone might translate the web novel, but honestly that doesn't seem very far along either.

Whoa! Hang on, this one is already over? While I expected it wouldn’t be popular (personal thoughts due to the art style), I didn’t expect it to get axed so quickly. Ah well, it was good while it lasted. I really enjoy reading these kingdom building type mangas. They’re not as popular as the “I want to live leisurely” type mangas which is sad. 😟

@Christopher , I don’t think Overlord is the greatest thing ever too. However, I do enjoy it a lot - read and own all the light novels and have some mech to boot. Note though that I’m a fan of Power Fantasy Kingdom Building Novels so Overlord’s immediate gratification and pacing is just right up my alley. 😀

Wait.... Why the English Part marked the Chapter 10.1 End while the Volume 2 will be aired on 27th January ? 🤔 Oh well, guess we got Drunk Scans ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The other question is why are chapters marked as vol 2 when it says that vol 2 will come out in January

Group Leader
@Maho because the digitally published versions are released much earlier than the hardcopy editions

Also: A mtl translation from the mangaka’s tweet
Fujiya @ Manga version. The manga adaptation of "Ester de Baronia" Volume 1 released on 7/27. volumes of the original novel will be released on 7/29!
·
Nov 13
Unfortunately, due to the sales performance of the first volume of the book, it will be the final volume next time! However, it's my favorite work, and if people who haven't purchased the comics can pick it up ... If sales increase, I'd like to ask the editorial department to revive it![Emphasis mine]

@Anonyan i wonder if that comparison with Overlord is what hurt its sales in the first place. Granted the initial premises are near identical, but I think their respective artists have chosen two very distinct POVs. Personally, I enjoyed EdV’s POV much more than Overlord’s which doesn’t quite do it for me

Dex-chan lover
Why? This is awesome manga. I actually heve been disappointed with how overlord style of storytelling. In there is just too few action scene and the narration make me yawned mostly. Their setting have deep and awesome thoughts in it. But, the storytelling is not that good.

This manga, despite having too many sketch arts, the dinamic and expression is good. And every panel is fun to look at. I want more

I can only hope someone picks up the WN now since there is a syosetu link in the tweet from the author

Users who are viewing this thread